What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stable @ 65% Won't Charge further

vishvarnay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently my Ipad 9 has been having issues with charging. Right now I have it plugged in with the charging unit, and am listening to music and doing a little surfing. The little charging icon shows green with a lightning bolt. But it is holding at 65% and not going any further. I have rebooted and to no avail. Even when I plug in the charger over night, and it is turned off in sleep mode, it still does not advance to 100%. Have sent for another lightning wire hoping that may be the issue. But what if it isn't.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, by 'rebooted' do you mean that you held down BOTH the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appeared (takes about 10 secs), then released and allowed the device to 'Reset'? If not, then give that a try.

Some questions: 1) Which iPad do you own (I'm assuming the '9' above refers to your iOS version); 2) When did this problem start, e.g. after an iOS update/upgrade; and 3) How are you charging the iPad - the original charger/cable and using AC or USB power? Trying another charger and/or cable is warranted - Dave

OP
V

vishvarnay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, by 'rebooted' do you mean that you held down BOTH the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appeared (takes about 10 secs), then released and allowed the device to 'Reset'? If not, then give that a try.

Some questions: 1) Which iPad do you own (I'm assuming the '9' above refers to your iOS version); 2) When did this problem start, e.g. after an iOS update/upgrade; and 3) How are you charging the iPad - the original charger/cable and using AC or USB power? Trying another charger and/or cable is warranted - Dave

Hi Dave........it is an IOS 9 and it is the original charger that came with the Ipad. And I have reset as you stated, a couple of times at that.
The Ipad is still connected to the charger (AC) and now has fallen to 60%.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried a different charger in order to see if the problem is with your current charger? If you have a nearby Apple Store, the Genius Bar can test your iPad, charger, and cable to see just where the problem lies.

OP
V

vishvarnay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a different charger in order to see if the problem is with your current charger? If you have a nearby Apple Store, the Genius Bar can test your iPad, charger, and cable to see just where the problem lies.
Thank you ....Skyfan, I will be at the Mall this weekend and there they have an Apple Store. That should figure it out. Peace.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You may have a full charge, but your battery gauge is wrong. Apple recommends that once a month, you run the battery down to 10-20%, then recharge overnight without using the iPad. This recalibrates the battery gauge. Worth a try.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had that issue once and it turned out to be the wall charger usb block.

Most reactions

Latest posts