What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spreadsheet app

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmomho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An anyone suggest a good app for making spreadsheets with formula in it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here are some member reviews of the more popular Office compatible apps. That would include spreadsheets.

Compare iWorks, Office 2 HD, Documents to Go, QuickOffice by richsdams
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Office Apps Comparison by RedCoil (details and examples, very long)
http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

Personally I use Numbers. If you don't have to move things back and forth between Excel, and don't need it's more exotic features, Numbers does a good job. It can take a bit to get used to the non-standard formula editor.

Benda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not found a solution for macro enabled excell spreadsheets. Other than that numbers is great

newt0nsbump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet originally created in Excel and updated variously in Excel (at work) and Open Office/LibreOffice (at home) transported baxk and forth on thumb drive. Now my office has converted to Windows 7 and locked down thumb drives. That's fine; it's their system. So I figure the thing to do is keep my spreadsheet on my iPad 1 (I love my iPad). So what I ultimately need is formulae (for various averages) and color for various ranges of data. I'll also need to print to take the spreadsheet to my doctor. I'm currently running XP Professional on my PC but am saving for and seriously considering a Mac of some flavor for my next PC. So which of all the products mentioned in various posts here will give me what I need on the iPad and for conversion to PC/Mac without loss of data or "special effects"? Thanks! newt0nsbump

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only automatic color formatting available in Numbers (on the iPad) is the ability to represent negative numbers in red. The Mac OS X version is more powerful and can set conditional rules for text or cell formatting; but they will be stripped when imported to the iPad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
QuickOffice is on sale right now and appears to be another decent choice. Im still waiting on an office package, I just cant pull the trigger on anything out there right now. Numbers seems to be the safe choice but might lack a few things I want. They all lack somewhere. Waiting....

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet originally created in Excel and updated variously in Excel (at work) and Open Office/LibreOffice (at home) transported baxk and forth on thumb drive. Now my office has converted to Windows 7 and locked down thumb drives. That's fine; it's their system. So I figure the thing to do is keep my spreadsheet on my iPad 1 (I love my iPad). So what I ultimately need is formulae (for various averages) and color for various ranges of data. I'll also need to print to take the spreadsheet to my doctor. I'm currently running XP Professional on my PC but am saving for and seriously considering a Mac of some flavor for my next PC. So which of all the products mentioned in various posts here will give me what I need on the iPad and for conversion to PC/Mac without loss of data or "special effects"? Thanks! newt0nsbump
See my answer to your duplicate post here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison-4.html#post378786

Please avoid creating duplicate/multiple posts or threads as it's against the forum rules. TIA.

SyAn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only automatic color formatting available in Numbers (on the iPad) is the ability to represent negative numbers in red. The Mac OS X version is more powerful and can set conditional rules for text or cell formatting; but they will be stripped when imported to the iPad.
Apparently not all rules, and not always :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a thread from 2011, and many features have changed since then. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions