What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoofing location/Blackout restrictions

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all.

Been trying to trick the MLB Blackout restrictions for local games

Tried Location Spoofer and Fake Location apps and while they both seem to change my location successfully, when I go into the MLB App it still gives me the same blackout restriction message.

Anyone find a working method for this?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it with ABC Player. And I get as well the "Out of country" message. Darn....obviously they don't rely on the location but also check the IP-address..... :(

themeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
would love to know what vpn you used i tried a few different ones didnt work - thanks

DLoopy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More help, please

Ok, I got acevpn for my iPad. Got it up and running.

Tried turning off 3G and just going with wifi in my house.

But MLB still sees me at my real location And blacks me out

What am i doing wrong?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either different VPN solution, or jailbreak the iPad and use the location-spoofer.

I will provide VPN-infos/invitations. Just send me an email to "kheldour[at]mac.com"

OP
S

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried Alaska, a few spots in europe and africa and was having no luck. Finally got it working using Australia.
Thanks guys

DLoopy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried Alaska, a few spots in europe and africa and was having no luck. Finally got it working using Australia.
Thanks guys

Wheeee are you making this designation? In the iPad settings? In acevpn? And where in either of those?

One more question. My office installed an enterprise profile so that I could connect to my work email and calendar. Could that be affecting my ipad's sense of it's location?

Many thanks, all.

OP
S

Soam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Wheeee are you making this designation? In the iPad settings? In acevpn? And where in either of those?

One more question. My office installed an enterprise profile so that I could connect to my work email and calendar. Could that be affecting my ipad's sense of it's location?

Many thanks, all.

in the fakelocation mlb app settings.
turn off location services also
i'm not sure regarding the enterprise profile, but unless your company is using GPS tracking you should be good.

KenDawgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, I just installed FakeLocation on my iPad - and while it's setting my location, it won't allow me to change the Fake Location. It automatically chooses some Of-The-Map location, MLB will only broadcast in the US/Canada, but even though I move the map to that location, it STILL wont set the pin there! Anyone help?!?!

Nailz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have also down loaded fake location and have successfully chosen a fake location but I still can't download the abc player from the app store? Any reasons for this? I presume its because I am in the uk and it knows? Thanks on advance for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts