What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoof web page into thinking I'm not using an iPad?

Pennengr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm running a jailbroken iPad and using Atomic Web Browser (in identify as desktop Safari mode). I'm trying to log in to Rhapsody's web page, but can never get past the login dialog. I have frash installed. Are there any other tricks - perhaps something on Cydia - to identify me as a computer rather than an iPad? Thanks.

(I know that there is a Rhapsody app, but I use my Touch for listening. I'd like to be able to use my iPad for managing playlists, etc.)

0sync0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Atomic browser lets you set the browser identity to Safari Desktop, Firefox or IE.

OP
P

Pennengr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but this unfortunately still doesn't work.

Rafau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCab Mobile browser lets you choose your user agent/browser id. And it's the best browser out there :)

OP
P

Pennengr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My take on Rhapsody's statement is that this is a decision on their end rather than just a matter of iPad capabilities. I was hopeful that the hacking community might have some additional workarounds.

Does icab handle browser identification differently than Atomic?

Most reactions