What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spontaneous Music Playing & Shivering Screen Problems

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been having two problems with my iPad 2 for the past few weeks:

1. My iPad 2 will spontaneously start playing a random music file from my iTunes library. It behaves as if it is possessed. ;) A music file will start playing even when the iPad is flat on a desk with the smart cover closed.

Should I perhaps remove all the songs? (I only have about 7 anyway.) Should I just get a different cover for it? (I purchased my smart cover from an Apple Store.

2. Most disturbing is when the sound icon (that looks like a horn/speaker) and the volume control icon (with dots indicating the volume level) appear on the screen together and start "shivering." This problem is always accompanied by the screen going dark meaning that the brightness level goes to the lowest possible setting.

I'v always been able to solve the problem, but I'm wondering if I should just take it to an Apple Store to get the iPad 2 checked out.

This is my first time starting a thread and I did do a search before starting this one.

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As soon as I put my wireless keyboard away, a music file started playing again for the second tome today, but I think I might have an answer to that problem: I had not turned off my Apple wireless keyboard and nor had I turned off the connection in Settings before I packed the iPad away. Some of the keys could have activated the file when I closed the Origami workstation with the keyboard inside and put it in my business case.

The same "musical ghost in the machine" effect happened under the same set of circumstances before I went on a break today.

Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope that is all it is and that the "shivering" effect has occurred for the same reason.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd lay odds that is what is happening - your keyboard is still communicating with the iPad. So, when you put the keyboard away, some keys are getting pressed, which is making your iPad seem as if it is "possessed."

Try turning off the keyboard entirely, or turning off Bluetooth, before putting everything away. If your problem does not come back, that was it.

If it does return after you turn everything off, then yes, I'd say it's time for a trip to the Apple store...

Marilyn

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I'd lay odds that is what is happening - your keyboard is still communicating with the iPad. So, when you put the keyboard away, some keys are getting pressed, which is making your iPad seem as if it is "possessed."

Try turning off the keyboard entirely, or turning off Bluetooth, before putting everything away. If your problem does not come back, that was it.

If it does return after you turn everything off, then yes, I'd say it's time for a trip to the Apple store...

Marilyn

Thank you, Marilyn.

I'll make a conscious effort to be more mindful.

Allyson

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Well, It's been three weeks and I haven't had the problems again. Being diligent about turning off Bluetooth seems to have done the trick.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear it appears to be solved.

And thanks for the follow-up. Always nice to hear back on whether problem-solving attempts have worked...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts