What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop with bluetooth keyboard?

EmilG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Splashtop right now which I love and would like to use it for World of Warcraft. It seems to work very well except it's kinda hard to move around in some cases, an external keyboard would solve that and make it surprisingly playable. Does anyone know if Splashtop works with a keyboard? I looked on their site and it's an unanswered question.
Thanks

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That seems somewhat up in the air - a few people claim the Apple BT keyboard works, but some functions are missing since it only uses the keys on the on-screen keyboard - no numbers or special characters. Others can't get Splashtop to see it at all. I know people have requested this feature, but Splashtop support hasn't responded yet.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly the BT keyboard function is very limited. No function or special keys as was stated...and for some reason if you press a key in anywhere that isn't a text entry it will not repeat the button queue. So it makes it impossible to control games. If you press and hold W to move forward you will take one step and stop. Telltale games however work awesomely because they can be controlled 100% with a mouse! I played thru Back to the Future Episode 1 and some of Monkey Island thru splashtop over a remote network at the office.

OP
E

EmilG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, more thoughts about this.

I plan on getting a Zaggmate for easy keyboard entry.
Does anyone know if the local mouse operates on the remotely controlled computer properly. If so I'll just get a wireless mouse and have both keyboard and mouse control.

Most reactions

Latest posts