What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spirit 3.2 to 4.2.1?

Stockmoose16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad with Spirit 3.2 jailbreak and Cydia. How do I upgrade to 4.2.1 without losing Cydia or access to the non-itunes store apps?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will havetoo restore and that will require re-jailbreaking. As far as stolen apps... That's not something to be discussed here.

OP
S

Stockmoose16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will havetoo restore and that will require re-jailbreaking. As far as stolen apps... That's not something to be discussed here.

I didn't say stolen apps, I said apps that aren't in the itunes store - like backgrounder. So I can't just install 4.2 on top of 3.2jb?

OP
S

Stockmoose16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure iTunes will error out if you try.

That's not what others in this forum have said. It sounds like you can just install on top if you are okay with losing the jailbreak.

Detale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a cydia app that helps alot with this. AptBackup

From the site:
Backup and restore your apps from Cydia. The way this works is it makes a list of your installed apps and puts that list in a location that is under iTunes backup. When you sync with iTunes, that list is stored. After you restore your iPhone in iTunes, you install aptbackup from Cydia, run it, and hit restore, and it will automatically reinstall
all your apps in your list.
Sorry no link I need 3 posts here to post a link sorry

thebigboss.org/moreinfo/AptBackup.php

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure iTunes will error out if you try.

That's not what others in this forum have said. It sounds like you can just install on top if you are okay with losing the jailbreak.

That's what I was saying. You can install it over it. I guess I misunderstood and thought you where thinking you would still have the jailbreak after installing 4.2

Most reactions

Latest posts