What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific YouTube Video Does Not Play on iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have IOS 8.something (latest version for this genre iPad) and it normally plays all YouTube video, either through the app or through Safari. The other day I located a three or four year old series of videos on my PC, and decided to AirPlay them later for my wife to view on our TV using Apple TV. The videos would not play on the iPad --- no error message, just a spinning indicator in the middle of a dark screen that never resolved.

The show is British, "Restoration House." What do I conclude about this? The video format on YouTube is/was incompatible with iPad? I thought all that Flash nonsense was converted on the fly so iPad could view all YouTube stuff. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have IOS 8.something (latest version for this genre iPad) and it normally plays all YouTube video, either through the app or through Safari. The other day I located a three or four year old series of videos on my PC, and decided to AirPlay them later for my wife to view on our TV using Apple TV. The videos would not play on the iPad --- no error message, just a spinning indicator in the middle of a dark screen that never resolved.

The show is British, "Restoration House." What do I conclude about this? The video format on YouTube is/was incompatible with iPad? I thought all that Flash nonsense was converted on the fly so iPad could view all YouTube stuff. Anyone have an idea? Thankgs.
The fact of the matter is that Flash is simply not supported on iOS (or other Apple systems) and has not been for a long time. Here's a post by a knowledgable Administrator that explains the situation well:
http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/flash-and-the-ipad.54704/
That spinning indicator will not resolve, sorry.
Given the explanation for the state of affairs regarding Flash, we will now close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.
Andrew
---------------------------- THREAD CLOSED ------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts