What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not playing certain youtube videos

desmoface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, great forum you have here.

We just received our Ipad 2 yesterday and am having fun learing how to use it. I noticed a strange phenomena on youtube. I did a search for, "ipad 2 users guide," and a lot of the videos that showed up wouldn't play, it would say, "video not currently available." At first I was concerned that it there was a problem with my ipad, but then I realized it was only happening on video's within this search, and it wasn't all of the videos, but the majority of them.

Is it possible that apple is somehow blocking my ipad from watching these? Thanks in adavance.

Steve

OP
D

desmoface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm...I didn't know that...so some of youtubes videos are in flash and some are not...I was under the impression they were all the same..Thanks for the info.

Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another possibility is that some videos can take a long time to load and buffer and won't start playing until they are at least partially loaded.

Last edited:
OP
D

desmoface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Scifan57, I don't think that's whats going on, for some reason my ipad doesen't like them. Who knows...thanks for the reply.

Steve

ThePro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg this happend to me for like a month I could play any YouTube video and the actual YouTube player would come up

Most reactions

Latest posts