What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow and intermittent playing of YouTube videos

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I play videos from YouTube on my iPad 2, they play for about 2 or 3 seconds, then go into what may be a buffering mode...in other words, they stop and only begin again after 20 seconds or so, and then play again for 2 or 3 seconds, stop and start. Why? Can I correct this? Any help is appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I play videos from YouTube on my iPad 2, they play for about 2 or 3 seconds, then go into what may be a buffering mode...in other words, they stop and only begin again after 20 seconds or so, and then play again for 2 or 3 seconds, stop and start. Why? Can I correct this? Any help is appreciated.

Your Internet connection hasn't got sufficient speed to play the videos properly. Have you tried a different router or WiFi connection?

OP
T

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both WiFi and 3G service, and it acts the same on either...there must be another reason.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have both WiFi and 3G service, and it acts the same on either...there must be another reason.

Have you tried resetting your network settings? To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You won't lose anything if you try this.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts