What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker problem - No sound

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every now and then my ipad does this. I usually just reset it and it goes back to normal.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
"Sound Effects" without headphones
Once I plug in the headphones it says "Sound Effects (headphones)"

Ok. It only says Sound Effects if you've got the Change with Buttons switch on in Settings > Sounds.

Having the button on means that when you change volume all sounds, including system sounds are adjusted. Having it off means that the system sounds remain at the set level no matter what you do to the volume buttons.

Try turning the switch on/off and adjusting the sound levels in each mode to see if you can unstuck whatever is stuck.

The Reset All Settings suggestion The OB gave should have fixed this, but who knows.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is also possible you have a hardware problem. The only way to know for sure is to do a restore (not from backup) and see if it persists. If it does, your iPad is still under warrantee if less than a year old, or two years of you bought AppleCare.

If you contact Apple they are almost certain to suggest a restore before you return or go in for a visit.

OP
S

skibiriti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried everything even restoring the ipad by itunes, but still the same problem. I believe that I have more than contacted the apple, maybe it's a hardware problem. Thank you all, thank you for the time that you have spent. It's nice of you.

lazerknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. my sound will not work on any apps or youtube. but will work on facetime and siri. i have reset ipad to factory setting. still same. but every so often the sound will come back and start working on apps for about 10 minutes then stops again.
the volume buttons work as when im using facetime i can change the volume.
i have tired every thing i can.
i have updated to 8.1.3 fault still same.
help!!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. my sound will not work on any apps or youtube. but will work on facetime and siri. i have reset ipad to factory setting. still same. but every so often the sound will come back and start working on apps for about 10 minutes then stops again.
the volume buttons work as when im using facetime i can change the volume.
i have tired every thing i can.
i have updated to 8.1.3 fault still same.
help!!!!
Welcome to iPF!

Take a look at your connector. If you find some debris there, remove it carefully and cautiously. Also check the headphone jack.

lazerknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have not got it working. i paired the Ipad to a bluetooth speaker and the airplay options only had bluetooth and dock connector, After a restart the Ipad speaker option has come back.
and is now working fine.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts