What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound (videos only, other apps work) when using hdmi adapter

Boyah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help. I'm on vacation so tools are limited. I have used this ipad, hdmi adapter, hdmi cable and even
The same HDTV to play movies from my ipad in this hotel before. For some reason now I can see the video
Mirrioring just fine but I cannot get sound through the TV speakers. It's been driving me nuts and my kids are
Freaking out on me. I can get sound through the TV for some apps like smurfs or even when I watch video on the UFC app but I can't get any sound when I play my videos or like hbo go or Netflix. Video is fine but no audio. So far I have done resets and messed around with the mute switch and tried different hdmi ports on the TV with no fix. I know the setup is ok because I can hear some apps work. I know the videos have sound because I can hear the sound through the ipad speaker if I unplug the hdmi adapter. Someone please help as this is day one of 5 and I need these videos to play!!!!

OP
B

Boyah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that when I'm using an app that has the sound working if I double click the home button to
Bring up the slider and if I scroll over where the volume slider would be right next to that the music icon is there. When I can't get sound the video icon is there. Im so stumped on this.

Also when you do the reset (power and home button) should it rest all your settings like wifi and ipad security codes?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm sure you must realise, Boyah, that you have just joined a very large forum of members from all over the world in different time zones. Many members may well be sleeping while you make 3 posts within less than 10 hours, anxious about an answer to your issue.

Please read the rules, particularly rule 4.3 which is in effect telling you to exercise some patience.

4.3. Do not “bump†a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion.

I trust it will not be long before any member, who has a solution, will come to your assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B

Boyah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you had a screaming 2 year old you might understand my need for an answer.

OP
B

Boyah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got Netflix to work for no reason at all and one video works. The video is one I ripped myself. The videos on my ipad through iTunes still will not play sound through the TV speakers. It's very frustrating.

Most reactions

Latest posts