What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Invaders HD Keeps it Old School

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Taito has released a fiercely old-school version of Space Invaders for the iPad, Pocket Gamer reports. The app, which is available to download now from the iPad app store for £2.99/$4.99, features the classic basic plain black background, and eight colours, and offers a choice of three control methods: virtual arcade stick, touch and drag, and tilt. Goodies and extras include a two-person multiplayer mode, which is designed to replicate the old tabletop arcade experience, with two players sitting at either end of the same iPad, plus a collection of rare promo material from around the time that the game was first being developed, including classic flyers and design documents. Fair brings a nostalgic tear to the eye, it does. Despite keeping everything very authentic, Taito has added one extra little flourish, namely the abilty to choose from different screen modes, including monochrome and cellophane overlay.

If you're looking for the ultimate, untainted retro arcade experience, go for it, but if you're looking for something to show off exactly what your iPad can do, you might be disappointed.

Source: Pocket Gamer

Fool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've wanted this for a while now so i'm very happy.
Thanks for posting.

Anyone know if they are thinking of doing a manic miner retro game???

Scala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want this game on iPad!!
phoenix.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts