What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space bar

Nuria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, I lost the space bar. when I want to use Safari the space bar is not there. Instead there are symbols! the space bar is in the right place when I want to Google or right now when I am typing this. Could someone tell me how to recuperate the space bar lease?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Nuria - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that by your description you are trying to bring up the 'virtual' keyboard in a Safari session and the space bar is not present - correct?

First, force close the Safari app - double press the home button until the lower taskbar opens; press and hold any application until they begin to jiggle; then find Safari and tap the small x in the left upper corner to shut down the program; hit the home button, and finally try to reopen Safari - does this correct your issue?

If not the second option, restart or reset your iPad - Directions HERE - do a restart first and then check Safari, if the problem persists, try a reset - if still an issue, please post back to this thread - good luck!

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you are not typing in the URL field in the middle at the top instead of over on the right? There is no space bar as an option there; it is not a "smart" bar like in Chrome or Firefox. You can only type in valid URLs with no spaces in that area. In the upper right corner is where you should be able to get the normal keyboard for search queries.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts