What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound, but No Mirroring Button

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 , upgraded to iOS 5, and a apple TV.

When i choose to airplay something to my apple TV, the sound went over to it great, but there is no switch/option to mirror something from my ipad. The little slider im "supposed to see" just doesn't show up. Does anybody have any idea why it isn't showing up?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question (DQ) alert: Have you updated the Apple TV device? I, too, had a problem with the wireless syncing until I realized that.

DQ#2: Are you double-clicking on the home button and then, when the multi-tasking bar appears, swiping all the way to the right (so that the leftmost info shows)? That's where the mirror button is, that you press to select mirroring...

Other than that, got nothing else. Sorry.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks but i did both of those before asking this.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no mirror icon. I've done everything suggested. I can only wonder if my update for Apple TV did not download correctly. I wonder if I can update it again. I got the Apple TV to mirror and that is the one thing I can't do.

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it! Working great. I was looking in the wrong place for the on button to get the mirror of the iPad up on the tv screen. It is within a play bar on the left side of the scroll. All advice told me scroll to the right which to me means send everything left to see what's on the right. Just the opposite.

Most reactions

Latest posts