What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PowerPoint Presentations

plsleite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to make PowerPoint presentations using an iPad.

I have come to conclude that my best option would be to use an app like SlideShark (FREE), wirelessly streaming the iPad's image via Apple TV (AirPlay).
The thing is, I didn't intend to buy an Apple TV just for that (it's quite expensive where I live).
Is there any other way to make wireless mirrorring possible?

I've had some ideas as workarounds, but none of them has come to satisfy me:

- Using a remote desktop app, as splashtop or jumpdesktop, to access the PPT file from iPAD, having the PC connected to the projector/HDTV. This would require an internet connection (right?), which may not be available at the presentation site. The control over the ppt presentation, in the other hand, wouldn't be as fluid as it would with SlideShark or QuickOffice (forwarding and backwarding slides by using gestures, laserdot option etc.)
- Using cable mirroring. This would severely limit the speaker movements.
- I could use a remote control app, as HippoRemote or Remote HD, but that as well would require internet connection (right?), and isn't quite what I was looking for.

Any other suggestion? Am I missing something here?
Thanks for the help...

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If this is still an issue for you - and you still do not want to buy an apple TV - then why don't you use a vga/HDMI connector and plug it directly to a projector? In this setting there is no need to have a wifi connection.
And of course my best solution for this is the keynote app. Works great. Either via iCloud or dropbox or another cloud service.
Knut

joeytorres

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a Bluetooth remote control that will work with slideshark

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plsleite said:
Hello!

I'd like to make PowerPoint presentations using an iPad.

I have come to conclude that my best option would be to use an app like SlideShark (FREE), wirelessly streaming the iPad's image via Apple TV (AirPlay).
The thing is, I didn't intend to buy an Apple TV just for that (it's quite expensive where I live).
Is there any other way to make wireless mirrorring possible?

I've had some ideas as workarounds, but none of them has come to satisfy me:

- Using a remote desktop app, as splashtop or jumpdesktop, to access the PPT file from iPAD, having the PC connected to the projector/HDTV. This would require an internet connection (right?), which may not be available at the presentation site. The control over the ppt presentation, in the other hand, wouldn't be as fluid as it would with SlideShark or QuickOffice (forwarding and backwarding slides by using gestures, laserdot option etc.)
- Using cable mirroring. This would severely limit the speaker movements.
- I could use a remote control app, as HippoRemote or Remote HD, but that as well would require internet connection (right?), and isn't quite what I was looking for.

Any other suggestion? Am I missing something here?
Thanks for the help...

Hi
Mm..
BTW even apple tv would require wifi.
Actually its not that hard to have local wirelees network
All my sugestions will require a wifi (no internet needed) but dont worry.
FIRST: i really suggest that you use keynote its very good and when you finish your presentation you can save it as PDF, keynote or powerpoint file..

Those are the methods:

- if you have another device (iPhone or ipod touch), then you can control keynote from you other idevice.. (ther is an app called keynote remote). So you connect your ipad with the projector and leave it there :)
- get an apple tv.. Then you know how to..
- install an application called "reflection" on you computer (for both pc & mac), and it will make your ipad think that it is an apple tv, (save money)

Ok, now for making a local network
- If you have an iPhone 4 or above u can make a local hotspot (google it)
- If you have another apple device AND its jailbroken, then you can install an app from cydia called MyWi, and it makes a local wifi too
- if you have an android phone there's also an option for that.
- if not, bring your laptop with you and make a local network

I didn't get into details about getting a local network, but use google and youtube :D

If you have any question just ask, and i hope that it helps

Last edited:

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the reviews of current Apple's VGA/HDMI adapters, it appears there are a lot of compatibility issues depending on device model, iOS version, app, etc.

What is a person to do? Going back to using a laptop with VGA output?

Chris Fogarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To control the powerpoint presentation, I use an external remote control, works pretty well. It works great even far away from the device. I recommend.

spydah01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. So here's another suggestion from someone who uses his iPad quite often for PowerPoint presentations.
Use an adapter to connect the iPad to the VGA cable. Using the touch screen, prep the iPad to the first slide. After that, use the left/right keys of your Bluetooth wireless keyboard (every iPad owner should have one) to navigate through the slides.
If possible set things up so that you can see the iPad screen. From the point of view of audience engagement it's far better than having to turn around to look at the main screen. The biggest advantage though is that you can run it on Presenter view which allows you to preview the next slide. I find that invaluable.

Most reactions