What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some questions about ipad2

mikeare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i want to ask some questions.
In saturday i will get my new ipad 2 and i wonder if theres any program for sharing movies, photos etc with my pc through wifi. I have also a belkin router and theres a usb wich also find to my pc like network and i can play every movie from the routers usb to any pc connected to this wifi. Is there any program who can connect my macbook pro through wifi and stream my movies (not from itunes, only from macbook pro hard disk) or from my routers usb or both?
Thanks and best regards! :)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, internet forum etiquette 101: Do not bump until your post goes off the first page.

There are many reasons for that. An important one is it makes it look like you are already being helped so people may skip your thread. Also if you have more to add to a post before someone responds use the edit button. It may take time for people to get to you. They may be eating, in transit, on the can, any number of things.

Rant over, now to your real question. You want to share content(movies, photos, music) across the following devices:

You have a PC. It is connected to a Belkin router by USB.

You have a MacBook Pro. It is connected by WiFi.

You have an iPad 2. It is connected by WiFi

You do not want to use iTunes.

Well, iTunes would have been the easiest using HomeShare as that allows you to stream any iTunes comparable formatted file between computers and iPads using your Apple ID for the HomeShare.

There are a few Apps that will do video at least, none which I use so I'll have to let someone else take that. I will caution you that the iPad will get grumpy about the formats of your movies. The built I player will only take MOV or M4V files. Again, there are a few Apps that will be able go address that to a degree.

Give me a bit to look some of them up, if someone doesn't get to them before me.

*edit*
Okay finally remembered.

For video you may want to look at Air Video which will transcode and stream virtually any video content. It has a sever program you run from you Mac or PC (works on both) and an App that receives on your iPad.
http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html

*edit2*
Oh welcome to the forums. I can be a jerk sometimes, but I'm justified. I work with young childeren all day, so I get to take my assholeself out on hapless Internet people. Don't ya feel lucky :p .

Last edited:

Most reactions