What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Fast Fed Ex Facts on iPad Shipping

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Ive found that the same is true with UPS and Parcel Force (UK) - the web based status is often innacurate.

Yup, believe you're right. What is simply amazing to me is there is really no reason for the web based to be inaccurate. Not with how efficient these programs have gotten. Especially with the scanning abilities. Eh, but what do I know? :D

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Surely it links in to whatever software the guys on the phone are using? Whats the point of having the status online if it isnt accurate?

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
My thoughts exactly. Surely it links in to whatever software the guys on the phone are using? Whats the point of having the status online if it isnt accurate?

That's exactly my thoughts. I know the software can be set up for auto updates and the scanning software is tied directly into the shipping systems. It just boggles my mind that there are people making a lot of money that are supposed to be over this exact kind of issue getting paid to apparently do nothing. Just, wow.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping

Mine shipped today June 28th and is scheduled to deliver to NJ on July 1st.

Last edited:

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question - does anyone know who does the shipping to the uk?

Got the "iPad has been shipped" email today, stating tomorrow for delivery, but on the "track item" screen, it just says status as ipad shipped, and todays date. Nothing else at all - doesnt say where the iPad is or which courier is being used.

I remember seeing someone elses post where they did a screencap of the tracking screen and it had the whole process, from leaving Shenzen etc. Mine has none of that. Odd.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed at how quickly they get here from china. And an iPad shipped direct from China costs the same as one you get at a store.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took 28 hours to get from Shenzen China to Raleigh North Carolina. Raleigh is 1 hour away.

It has been in Raleigh NC since about 7pm Friday evening. Not sure why it was not delivered Saturday. Hope it gets here tomorrow.

I have much better luck with UPS

I've noticed the same thing. In my opinion, UPS has gotten much more consistent with their shipping.

Problem with UPS there is no delivery on Saturday where I live and Fed Ex does.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took 28 hours to get from Shenzen China to Raleigh North Carolina. Raleigh is 1 hour away.

It has been in Raleigh NC since about 7pm Friday evening. Not sure why it was not delivered Saturday. Hope it gets here tomorrow.

I have much better luck with UPS

I've noticed the same thing. In my opinion, UPS has gotten much more consistent with their shipping.

Problem with UPS there is no delivery on Saturday where I live and Fed Ex does.

FedEx and UPS are flying their own aircraft from Kong Kong to Alaska.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've worked for both UPS and FedEx. They only check the cargo manifest numbers against the pallets. They do not inspect every iPad.

That is true, in my experience, dealing with international shipments of other goods. Customs agents "eyeball" the pallets, and if the count appears to be right (comparing the customs declaration against the bills of lading against the number of pallets), they let the shipment through. Based on my iPad's journey a couple of months ago, it seems like the Shenzhen to Hong Kong to Anchorage piece took the longest. Once the darn thing got to the US, it got here (Florida) in ~2 days.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well got mine in three days once it shipped. I am typing this response on it now!

Most reactions

Latest posts