What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Out In Fort Wayne, Indiana!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no Apple Store here in Fort Wayne. The nearest one is in Indianapolis.-->not driving 130 miles. Today was a beautifully sunny, spring day in Fort Wayne--I decided it would be a fun to drive around the nearest stores that were supposed to have the new iPad available.

Stopped in at Best Buy, no product BUT many iPad 2's available. Only the iPad 2 16gig wifi marked down.

Next stop: Sam's Club. No product and none expected until a month from now. Sales associate offered to sell me iPad 2s. He stated all kinds, size, color, AT&T or Verizon. Again, only the iPad 2 16 Gig Wifi on sale. Didn't ask when other models go on sale.

Target Store sold out earlier in the day. Sales associate expected more to arrive within the week. He had about ten iPad 2's available.

I didn't check with Walmart. Since Sam's club is part of Walmart, I didn't want to go there just to look for the new iPad.

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wise choice skipping Walmart. Since they naughtily started selling at midnight, I doubt any of them have stock left.

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The part of Fort Wayne where I live did not have any new Ipads. So today, another beautiful day in Fort Wayne, Indiana, I decided to drive over to the west side of the Fort, to (drum roll please!) Apple Glen Shopping Mall. Fort Wayne, Indiana is the historic home of Johnny Appleseed. We have a park named after him. Plus around the end of summer the city celebrates by holding a Johnny Appleseed festival. The festival commemorates the good old days when Fort Wayne was just developing. I digress....

Target, Walmart, and Best Buy all have stores in Apple Glen. Stopped in at the Target Store, found five new iPads, three were wifi only, two were 4G (AT&T), 64 Gig. Didn't want to spend that much. They also had several iPad 2s 16Gig, WiFi only. They have marked down all iPad2s.

Next stop, Best Buy. They had all sizes, wifi only and 4G, at first the guy stated he didn't have any AT&T models and talked me into Verizon. But when I got to check out, the register rang it as an AT&T. That was fine, but I thought that the sales guys had a poor understand on what they had for sale! Anyway, new iPad and a Zaggshield walked out of the store with me!

Getting this new iPad up and running took all of Ten Minutes! Apple has really made this third generation amazingly simple. Retina screen? Beautiful!

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Matt: I live in Fort Wayne too. I drove to Indy yesterday because I had one pre-ordered at the Apple store there. But this morning I went to Best Buy to look for a case. The Apple rep there told me they had lots of iPad3's. This was at Northcrest!

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Matt: I live in Fort Wayne too. I drove to Indy yesterday because I had one pre-ordered at the Apple store there. But this morning I went to Best Buy to look for a case. The Apple rep there told me they had lots of iPad3's. This was at Northcrest!

They must have gotten more in since I visited yesterday the rep there at Northcrest Best Buy told me to try Appleglen so that's where I went today. I am using the microphone dictation to write this note on my new iPad and it works great!

Hello Billb1950 good to see another fort Wayne Hoosier on this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts