What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Google Nexus 7 for iPad Mini

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally purchased a Google Nexus 7 back in August 2012 and loved it. Then I received an iPad 2 a couple of months ago and really loved it...I hardly used my Nexus once I got the iPad. I had to sell my iPad 2 a few weeks ago, thinking that as long as I still had my Nexus 7 I wouldn't miss it as much. Boy, was I wrong! I miss the apps, and just the overall smoothness of the iPad. I've been using my Nexus more since I sold the iPad but it just isn't the same. Soooo....

I've decided to sell my Nexus 7, and because I prefer the smaller size (my iPad 2 always stayed at home for the short time I'd owned it) I'm going for an iPad Mini. I fell in love with the Mini when it first came out, even when I had the iPad. I listed the Nexus on Amazon and it sold within a couple of hours. Now I'm at the point of no return. :)

So my question is for those who have gotten rid of their Nexus 7 for an iPad Mini...do you think you've made the right choice? Any regrets?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still have my nexus 7, but the mini is my favorite.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally purchased a Google Nexus 7 back in August 2012 and loved it. Then I received an iPad 2 a couple of months ago and really loved it...I hardly used my Nexus once I got the iPad. I had to sell my iPad 2 a few weeks ago, thinking that as long as I still had my Nexus 7 I wouldn't miss it as much. Boy, was I wrong! I miss the apps, and just the overall smoothness of the iPad. I've been using my Nexus more since I sold the iPad but it just isn't the same. Soooo....

I've decided to sell my Nexus 7, and because I prefer the smaller size (my iPad 2 always stayed at home for the short time I'd owned it) I'm going for an iPad Mini. I fell in love with the Mini when it first came out, even when I had the iPad. I listed the Nexus on Amazon and it sold within a couple of hours. Now I'm at the point of no return. :)

So my question is for those who have gotten rid of their Nexus 7 for an iPad Mini...do you think you've made the right choice? Any regrets?

Never had a nexus 7 but played around with a lot of different android tablets and one thing I didn't like about them was cruising the Internet didn't seem flawless, browser hangs etc killed it for me....I'm impatient so that's one big reason I chose an apple tablet...plus the AppStore is huge. I'm not really an apple fan either,but the tablets rock!

Threelions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had both the N7 & IPad Mini for a while and though the N7 is a great tablet I found myself using the Mini all the time so sold the N7. The apps I like just aren't there for Android and although I enjoy fiddling about with my Android phone I just want to use a tablet without having to customise it to my needs. That and the design of the Mini won me over.

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, the Nexus 7 is a very nice device, especially for the price. It is a great introduction into the tablet world. However, Android apps overall have a while to go before they can match up to iOS apps IMO. I've an android phone for the past 2 years and although I don't mind using Android apps on the phone, it just didn't feel right using them on a tablet once I started using an iPad.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 before the ipad mini. Sold it after buying the wife an ipad mini and bought myself one also. I haven't missed the gt2 one bit.

Apple is just better, plain and simple lol.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost bought a nexus 7 last december. Im happy i didn't.

Most of the apps in Google Play is for phones so they dont look very good on a Tablet pc.

iOS is way ahead on tablet apps

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's funny that I just found this thread today after deciding to switch my routine around... I have the N7 and the mini. Normally I have been using the mini for web browsing only and the N7 for everything else. Earlier today I decided (based on battery life) to give the mini a shot at the heavy load of tablet use I engage in on a daily basis. I sinc'ed my ebooks from B&N and Amazon to the mini and downloaded some games, Netflix, and some other stuff so now I can take full advantage of the mini. I had YouTube downloaded already but will be using it more now. Luckily the mini's calendar is sinc'ed with my google account so that's not a problem and email is set up already as well. We'll see how it goes but I doubt I'll sell the N7. I still love it, I just want to try out the mini and see if it's up to all the tasks I'll be throwing at it. Plus battery is better on the mini... But I will keep my N7 for browsing sometimes and for a few things that can't be done on the mini...

Most reactions

Latest posts