What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So now what

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad iOS 4.3.2 JB can't see any computer. As suggested even tried reset and erase twice with no success. Nothing at all was erased Even tried DFU on a clean PC without any luck. Any other suggestions please.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section, where I think it will attract better attention.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've already tried to help yazzie in this thread - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/30912-out-solutions-anyone-offer-other-solutions.html

He is stuck with an iPad that won't connect to his PC and won't reset all contents and settings... That's why he started a new thread to get help...

yazzie, I'm assuming the problem MUST be related to your PC. Can you post details of OS version and as much detail as you can about your setup (computer make / model / OS)

Last edited:

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you tried another computer to see if its the ipad? could the usb on your computer? just a thought

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried changing your USB cable? Do you have another device you could test to connect to oTunes with?

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the Apple camera connector to see if your iPad connection port is working?

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The actual USB port seems to charge the device, just won't connect to any of my 5 PC's or Mac that I have. Even tried on a fresh Os just to be certain.

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought here. Could I FTP into the iPad and then delete all the files on the device. I just need to cripple the device so I can return it before warranty expires in two weeks. Erase and reset doesn't seem to work, even after running it for 18 hours. After hard reboot, my JB'ed device is still intact.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yazzie said:
Just a thought here. Could I FTP into the iPad and then delete all the files on the device. I just need to cripple the device so I can return it before warranty expires in two weeks. Erase and reset doesn't seem to work, even after running it for 18 hours. After hard reboot, my JB'ed device is still intact.

Oh! That's good! Just download ifile from Cydia and delete some thngs in like system / library / coreservices / springboard.app

Delete some major things like the k4ap.plist and some of the pictures. Then reboot and iPad will just sit at the apple logo!

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also heard that sometimes when a PC won't work, to try it with a MAC.

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still struggling with my iPad

I've tried connecting this device to a multitude of systems running Windows 7 x64 and a hackintosh as well. Yesterday I borrowed a MacBook from a buddy and now it gets more strange. All the icons are have the size and now nothing works. Every time I try to run an app, the device reboots. Furthermore today while I had a buddy Dell that I was rebuilding for him, I decided to try connecting to that machine. Now I no longer get the "USB device not recognized" on any of my machines but still can't acknowledge the device.
Tried repeated to put the device in DFU mode but iTunes won't detect the device. I'm so frustrated right now as I'm also ready to surrender.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 980 Extreme/Gigabyte Ga-X58A-UD5/24gb RAM/Win7 x64 + OSX Hackintosh
i7 930/Gigabyte Ga-X58A-UD5/12gb RAM/Win7 x64
HTPC Windows 7 x64/4gb ram
Zotex HD-ID40 with Win7 x64/4gb ram
IPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 JB with Redsnow
iPad 64 gb 3G iOS 4.3.2 JB with Sn0wbreeze
iPad 2 64 gb 3G iOS 4.3 Stock

OP
Y

yazzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah baby. After days of painstaking efforts I finally resolved my dilemma. I was finally to FTP into my iPad and from there I just deleted the Library and System folders. That rendered the iPad useless as all I got was the infamous "connect to iTunes." then I just took my warrantied device back to apple and they swapped it out for me with a brand new device.

Mission accomplished.

Thanx for all the support from the forum.

Yazzie

Most reactions

Latest posts