What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I'm returning my iPad 3...

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned a thousand times, but I can't seem to get an iPad without the yellow hue.

A friend of mine told me (an engineer for vizio if it's worth anything) says the yellow hue is caused by magnets, I don't know if it's because I have a Verizon 4g Verizon or not (64gb)

I'm on my 5th iPad (I know i know, I'm a little anal) but I feel spending close to a grand on something its gotta be perfect right? Especially from apple.

The first 2 had light leakage and dead pixels and yellow hue the last 3 had yellow hues. I've kept them all for a week or so trying to see if the yellow dissipates a little with no luck.

So I'm returning it this time for a gift card and hopefully I can purchase one in a few weeks with all the bug worked out.. And I'll take the hit on the 50 bucks I spent on Verizon's 5gb plan.

What do I guys think?
Thanks.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have iPad yellow tint, so I'm curious. How does it impact the use of the iPad? Or is it the color only that you don't like and feel you can't get used to?

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a bummer:( you need to be happy with your purchase. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with mine (32gb wifi) but if I were spending close to a grand, I would want it to be perfect. Like you said, you may be a bit anal but oh well! Good luck and I hope you finally get lucky and buy one with no flaws.

OP
souskei

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have iPad yellow tint, so I'm curious. How does it impact the use of the iPad? Or is it the color only that you don't like and feel you can't get used to?

It's function is perfect, and Ignoring the yellow hue, the screens beautiful.

But put it this way, what if u spent 850 dollars on a set of tires for your shinny waxed up car only to find out one has a hole in the side wall? Sure, they probably could patch it up and it would work and you could get use to it, but why wouldn't you ask for a replacement? wouldn't it bother you a little knowing you have a patched up tire?

The yellow hue is on the top right portion of my screen. If it was uniform, maybe I could get used to it. But it's really obvious I have a problem. And it's something I can't get used to.
and I envy you won the apple iPad 3 lotto :)

OP
souskei

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh question,

The last time I went to exchange my iPad, I got a "brown box" iPad (refurb?)..
I don't know how this works now that I want to return it.

The serial numbers I assume are different now on my receipt and the brown box IPad they gave me.

Is there some sort of record that they keep to know that this iPad still belongs to me? And it's all legit?

I just don't want to run into problems when I go to return tomorrow. my return date on my receipt is April 5th so I assume they'll take it back with no questions asked, or at least I hope so. I get the feeling theyre getting sick of me coming back and thinking I'm crazy.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
lol ! Apple-3 Lotto ! But Agree, It is a Lotto !

It's a lotto in the same way as dying in a car accident is a lotto. It doesn't happen to many people, but when it does it sure ruins your day.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
souskei said:
It's function is perfect, and Ignoring the yellow hue, the screens beautiful.

But put it this way, what if u spent 850 dollars on a set of tires for your shinny waxed up car only to find out one has a hole in the side wall? Sure, they probably could patch it up and it would work and you could get use to it, but why wouldn't you ask for a replacement? wouldn't it bother you a little knowing you have a patched up tire?

The yellow hue is on the top right portion of my screen. If it was uniform, maybe I could get used to it. But it's really obvious I have a problem. And it's something I can't get used to.
and I envy you won the apple iPad 3 lotto :)

Good to know. I thought the whole screen was yellow, not just the corner. That does suck. Plan to give it another try in a while or are you waiting on the iPad 4?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No issues with yellow hue on mine or dead pixels.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned a thousand times, but I can't seem to get an iPad without the yellow hue.

A friend of mine told me (an engineer for vizio if it's worth anything) says the yellow hue is caused by magnets, I don't know if it's because I have a Verizon 4g Verizon or not (64gb)

I'm on my 5th iPad (I know i know, I'm a little anal) but I feel spending close to a grand on something its gotta be perfect right? Especially from apple.

The first 2 had light leakage and dead pixels and yellow hue the last 3 had yellow hues. I've kept them all for a week or so trying to see if the yellow dissipates a little with no luck.

So I'm returning it this time for a gift card and hopefully I can purchase one in a few weeks with all the bug worked out.. And I'll take the hit on the 50 bucks I spent on Verizon's 5gb plan.

What do I guys think?
Thanks.
Lol lucky you, you get to unbox 5 iPad 3, how many of us can say we did that....

marvso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 3 had a slight yellow hue for the first day and a half. This is normal. It's been said the screen has to burn in a little. It's absolutely stunning now. Make sure you use it for a few days before you return it. It's likely to clear up.

OP
souskei

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought that as well.
so i left my ipad on with a white screen on max brightness with auto bright off and auto lock never for about 48 hours striaght.
but the hue is still the excat same. so im at a lost of what to do now. my return date is tuesday, and today is the only day i have a chance of taking it back

Most reactions

Latest posts