What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmartScreen app with apple smart cover?

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the smartscreen app on cydia. If any of you don't know what it is, it allows you to put widgets on your lock screen. I am using this on the iPad 2 and use s smart cover with it. I was wondering if there was a hack that would still let me use the smart cover to turn the device on, but bring me to the lock screen instead of bypassing it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the smartscreen app on cydia. If any of you don't know what it is, it allows you to put widgets on your lock screen. I am using this on the iPad 2 and use s smart cover with it. I was wondering if there was a hack that would still let me use the smart cover to turn the device on, but bring me to the lock screen instead of bypassing it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

no hack, but you can turn it off, check settings.
hope i understood your question.

OP
M

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i know you can turn off the option for smart cover to not do anything, so I still have to manually press a button to get to the lock screen, but what I was really hoping is that right when I open the smart cover, my lock screen shows up instead of bypassing it.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i aint a developer, but that tweak should be an easy one to create, hopefully it can be integrated into activator also.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i didn't try nolockscreen on cydia, but its kinda close to what is mentioned, hopefully an open to lockscreen for smartcover(which would be weird), will make an appearance...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
came up with a conclusion, i just tried nolockscreen, and it does what it says, now...i also have lockinfo(iphone4,ipad too), which i like for my lockscreen, most of what i need to see on my lockscreen, which i can also enable/disable that same screen as a homescreen too(which can be tailored to be the first page), so when opened with smartcover,using nolockscreen i will see the first page.

nolockscreen even adds a sbsettings toggle on install(awesome to have).

if you can do the same with smartscreen and nolockscreen... then boom.

Last edited:
OP
M

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, i really appreciate the help. I ended up ditching smartscreen for lockinfo. I don't have it set as my home screen, but the infoshade feature is even better. All that information at a quick swipe is fine for me. Thank you for helping me!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, i really appreciate the help. I ended up ditching smartscreen for lockinfo. I don't have it set as my home screen, but the infoshade feature is even better. All that information at a quick swipe is fine for me. Thank you for helping me!

glad you liked lockinfo, but that smartscreen looks good, they're both good, lockinfo does small widgets too.
i watched a video about dreamboard and like the honeycomb setup(for ipad,its called midnight).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts