What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart covers?

Newf709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally got the the black leather smart cover and that was a big mistake. The leather ones get dirty, scratch easily and just look like crap just after a couple weeks. Cannot clean them either. The non leather ones are great. Clean easily and look like new for a long time. Go with the non-leather ones. I agree the colors for the leather ones are better but I just went with the dark grey one. Looks great.

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered a red PU leather from the seller I pasted earlier. We shall see, if it doesn't work out all I paid was $1.04 out of pocket.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered a red PU leather from the seller I pasted earlier. We shall see, if it doesn't work out all I paid was $1.04 out of pocket.

And we can compare notes to let others know if these "cheap" SCs are worth the considerably less money relatively to the Apple SCs.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
I hate how Apple has the good colors only available in leather. I prefer the cheaper one, but like the colors of the leather smart covers.

+1

I wanted to get the blue one... Then saw it was leather.... Looked at the price... Then :(

Gray polyurethane it is then..

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
And we can compare notes to let others know if these "cheap" SCs are worth the considerably less money relatively to the Apple SCs.

You got the navitech ?

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually prefer the poly cover more than the leather. IMHO both are overpriced by double what their worth and are probably 10X what they cost to make in China.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive bought a black leather smart case for mine. It is really nice and I think when it's worn over time it will look pretty cool. Can't help but feel slightly ripped off though.. Don't think I can justify spending £60 again for one. I don't even think the leather is of a high standard either because its showing it's signs of use after just 3 weeks.

Quick question.. Are the smart covers covered under any warranty?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive bought a black leather smart case for mine. It is really nice and I think when it's worn over time it will look pretty cool. Can't help but feel slightly ripped off though.. Don't think I can justify spending £60 again for one. I don't even think the leather is of a high standard either because its showing it's signs of use after just 3 weeks.

Quick question.. Are the smart covers covered under any warranty?

Actually, they are. I checked. I probably could have gotten a replacement for mine...it was coming apart the week before March 11...but it just didn't seem right to go in there saying "Hey, this damn $70 SC you sold me is coming apart." Hmm....having written that, I must have been nuts NOT to take it in.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
Cheers for the replies. I did order the incipio case for the 3. I love their stuff, I have has there cases on my iPhones and previous iPad. Still not sure if I should spend another £35 on a smart cover too. The incipio case just cost me £30

Sent from my iPad 3

Where did you get the incipio case from? I think I might get one, as i'm still using my SC from my ipad2. The inside is mucky as anything and I might be brave and clean the outside (not the leather one)' but like the look of the incipio case for the back.

Trouble is I have the lime SC and I don't think they are shipping that yet in the US, let alone here in the UK..

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon. It was made for the third gen. I got the stock/model # from Oncipio

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
I found some smart cover seller on eBay. They get good reviews for $12.79 shipped. Generic of course. Worth a try or should I go for official?

I got a great smart cover copy from Amazon in black and I am delighted with it. I did invest in the red leather one from Apple and it got really grubby. Would not buy another leather one they can't be cleaned. My little black fake one is great. It says it works with the New IPad so just waiting for mine to arrive. I wouldn't mind sending for another one for a change of colour. I am also hoping my clear iPad 2 back cover fits ....

Sent from my iPad 2 

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a great smart cover copy from Amazon in black and I am delighted with it. I did invest in the red leather one from Apple and it got really grubby. Would not buy another leather one they can't be cleaned. My little black fake one is great. It says it works with the New IPad so just waiting for mine to arrive. I wouldn't mind sending for another one for a change of colour. I am also hoping my clear iPad 2 back cover fits ....

Sent from my iPad 2 

Yep PU Leather isn't really leather but some polycarbonate fake stuff so I'm hoping it will be good. I also bought the clear back as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts