What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Covers & iPads

Short-Circuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read that iOS 10 has done away with the 'Swipe to open' routine and now uses the Home button to activate it instead. If you leave it turned on, do smart covers with magnets still put the iPad into sleep mode when closed?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've read that iOS 10 has done away with the 'Swipe to open' routine and now uses the Home button to activate it instead. If you leave it turned on, do smart covers with magnets still put the iPad into sleep mode when closed?

Johanna has already answered your question - just to second the advice; I have a 'Smart Cover' on my iPad Air 2 and after upgrading to iOS 10, the cover still works fine.

However, when opened from sleep, if using 'Touch ID', the default is the need to first press the Home button, leave finger touching to enter the device - kind of a second step that some will find annoying (like me) - well, this can be changed, if desired - go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Home Button (first image below); then toggle the setting w/ the arrow (as I had done - second image) - NOW, when my smart cover activates the iPad, I can simply hold my finger for Touch ID recognition like in the past. Dave :)
IMG_6979.PNG
IMG_6980.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts