What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover Weakness?

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Yesterday I met up with a friend who was fortunate enough to get his iPad before me :)mad:) and he had a Smart Cover with it. However, he told me that when it is standing, the cover tends to somehow fold within itself causing the iPad to fall. The position I mean is shown in the picture below (my MBP was supporting it cause it was falling so much).
11lhh07.jpg

He's had it for about a week and said he did it exactly the way it is shown on the box. Are others having this problem as well? Or were we just folding it wrong? :confused:

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he's folding it wrong....sounds funny, but true

when folded corectly the end of the cover, the final section shoudl be on the inside and on the bottom

0,1425,i=250624&sz=1,00.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he's folding it wrong....sounds funny, but true

when folded corectly the end of the cover, the final section shoudl be on the inside and on the bottom

0,1425,i=250624&sz=1,00.jpg

Thanks a lot for the picture! I'll tell him to try again. Seeing that kind of put me off from buying the Smart Cover, but then I thought that if this was a problem with all of them, there would have been more complaints by now.

Ctrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. Have been doing the same for weeks..

Thought I had read that it was best to fold it leather side out - so that the microfiber cloth didn't pick up dirt from the table..

When you fold it like suggested - it works better for standing - but won't the cloth get dirty?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. Have been doing the same for weeks..

Thought I had read that it was best to fold it leather side out - so that the microfiber cloth didn't pick up dirt from the table..

When you fold it like suggested - it works better for standing - but won't the cloth get dirty?

You can fold the leather side out for the typing position, works very well. But for the viewing position you must fold it with the micro fiber out for proper support.

This isn't anything new. I had 2 folio cases for my ipad1. When I folded the covers back for laying it flat the inside part of the cover that touches the screen contacted table surfaces and any dirt that was there.

Just brush it off. It would take diamond chunks and aggressive pressure to scratch the screen.

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we just tried it again and it holds like a rock. But now he's worried that the side will get dirty and scratch his screen. I guess I need to confiscate his iPad to get rid of his worries :D

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we just tried it again and it holds like a rock. But now he's worried that the side will get dirty and scratch his screen. I guess I need to confiscate his iPad to get rid of his worries :D

Don't put it down on a dirty surface. I make sure wherever I place it is fairly clean.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Only 1 panel of the cover touches the table, and it takes about 3 seconds to brush it off before closing it up.

Most reactions

Latest posts