What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging Ipad2 battery

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it me or does the iPad take a long time to fully charge. I plugged mine up hours ago and so far it's at 70% charged. When I started the charge it was at 19%.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it me or does the iPad take a long time to fully charge. I plugged mine up hours ago and so far it's at 70% charged. When I started the charge it was at 19%.

If you are using the USB and charging via computer it will take a lot longer than using the AC adapter.

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfectly normal. A full charge could take up to 4 or 5 hrs. It's also a good idea to allow a trickle charge for at least an hour after the full charge to allow maximum battery usage although not necessary. Enjoy your new iPad!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was the iPad turned on or off? Obviously, if the iPad is switched on the machine itself is drawing current to operated, leaving considerably less available to charge the battery.

I guess you're using the 'proper' iPad charger and not either an iPod or USB-PC style charger, which will certainly take a very long time.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was the iPad turned on or off? Obviously, if the iPad is switched on the machine itself is drawing current to operated, leaving considerably less available to charge the battery.

I guess you're using the 'proper' iPad charger and not either an iPod or USB-PC style charger, which will certainly take a very long time.

Tim
Scotland

Well this might explain it cause I am using my iPhone charger. Will use the charger IPad charger and monitor it. Thx

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you are using the USB and charging via computer it will take a lot longer than using the AC adapter.

Actually not using the computer but I was using my iPhone charger so that may be the issue. Thx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually not using the computer but I was using my iPhone charger so that may be the issue. Thx

That's definitely the issue - the iPad charger is a special 10 W, 2 A charger. A USB port, for example, only charges at 500 mA - or a quarter of the rate of the iPad charger.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim
Scotland

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I had the same problem and was about to post that question till I seen your post, thanks for the info everyone

Most reactions

Latest posts