What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight irritation in City of Wonder

MajorShads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just wondered if anyone might know what would be the cause of jerking when scrolling in City of Wonder. I love this game but it has become a little niggle that for me might turn into a major gripe lol. I am probably answering my own question here but I do have alot of apps on my IPad 2, so would this be a likely cause of the jerking? Although I might add that none of my other games jerk.

Would appreciate anyone's views on this please.

Sincere wishes

MajorShads :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-regarding your City of Wonder game "jerking" as you scroll, what have you tried to do so far to resolve it?

If you have do not done this already, give this a try: May want to try these in order and proceed to the next step if it does not work.

Try to quit the apps that are an issue. To do this by pressing the home button twice to see the bar of apps on the bottom of the screen. Find the apps that are not responding and long press onto the app until it shakes. When it starts to shake, touch the red negative sign in the corner of the app. This will not delete, but will close the app. Than open and retry to see if it works.

If not, than restart the ipad. Press the power switch until you get the slide lock to power off. Turn back on and retry.

If not, than reset the ipad. Press the power switch and the home button until the screen turns off. May take a few seconds to power off.

Let us know if this is still giving you a problem.:D

OP
M

MajorShads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the quick reply, I have tried to close and retry the app but no joy. I have not tried to reset the IPad as I am worried that I might lose my apps, I know I can get them from icloud but I would not like to have to go through a good few hundred apps!! lol
But if I won't lose my apps then I will try tomorrow and post back.

Would I lose my apps? :)

Cheers

MajorShads

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Resetting by pressing the power switch and the home button together will not erase your data. It will not erase your apps.

The reset from your iPad settings/general/reset: will erase any personal data/photos and return to factory sertings.

It is a bit confusing, but there is a difference with the reset and process.

OP
M

MajorShads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Many thanks for your advice as doing a reset has cured the problem for me, I did not go through the settings one but used the other reset you said and that has sorted it.

Many thanks mate, really appreciate your help

Regards

MajorShads :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, great to hear that things worked out for you!

Take care and enjoy your game! :)

Chatoyant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do the general reset on an iPad and delete all the data and settings, can you easily restore the settings from a link to a MacBook or does it somehow delete that too?

I started city of wonder in a bad state of mind and messed it up badly but deleting the app doesn't seem to delete the data and now that I like the game I want to start over and do it properly! I had just barely started but my mistakes were epic...I wasn't paying attention because of distractions and should have waited. Any suggestions are welcome.

Most reactions

Latest posts