What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slide Time & Lockscreen Clock Hide

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, I just like a simple, clean look. But - I still want to be able to know what time it is, even if it's just a quick peek at my iPad. Put the two requirements together and you get:

Slide Time (Free):
Displays a clock inside your unlock slider. No new icons are added to your homescreen. There are no options to configure. This just came out in Cydia...

Lockscreen Clock Hide (Free): Hide the clock (and date) on the lock screen

SlideTimeHideLockscreenClock.png

For me, it's all about the pretty pictures, especially on the lockscreen. I want to see the artwork, not the computer stuff. This is a nice, simple and clean tweak that works well for me.

Marilyn

P.S. If you install these two tweaks, you'll find that your iPad doesn't look like mine. I've also made up my own theme to add my own slider button and remove both the slideshow [flower] icon and the grey bars that are normally under the slider. If you want more information on all that, let me know...

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell you what, Marie. Find yourself a [little] image you want to make a slider and I'll help you get it installed on your iPad.

Suits?

Marilyn

P.S. I say little image because the one I have there is only 60 x 60. Don't want to have to scrunch an image too far down...

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, max avatar size is 80 x 80 pixels, and my slider in this pic is 60 x 60 pixels, so something in avatar size is good (we can skwoosh it down a bit if we need to). Just don't get something much smaller than 50 x 50, as that could end up being too small and upsizing it might make it pixilate (jagged edges = blech!).

Happy hunting! :D

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't that what the lock screen clock is for most of us? To give us the time? :D
Nah, your doin' great marilyn. Definitely the best person to be the next mod. Your reviews are wonderful.

How about my NoSlider theme? Makes the lock screen wonderful. :)

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Move2Unlock, which has an option to remove the slider, so I don't have to use an extra theme. In fact, I have to allow the slider to show (in Move2Unlock, in Settings).

Having no slider (e.g. your theme) is great, but sometimes I want the slider ... and the clock.

Oh, who am I kidding, I just like my musical note slider! :D

Marilyn

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. I went and found the little icon, scrunched it down a bit, made the three colors (red, green, gray) and then loaded it up as a theme.

Pretty happy with it, TBH. But, given my tendency to change things (and my desire to muck about, playing with the iPad), I'll probably find something new in a short while. Wallpapers, themes, fonts, etc., don't last very long on my iPad. Always want something new (!) and different (!).

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OKay ~ I will! Thanks, woman!

So....I'm thinkin, not avatar size, right? Teensy?

The dragonfly in your sig looks about the right size. :D

Yeah. I went and found the little icon, scrunched it down a bit, made the three colors (red, green, gray) and then loaded it up as a theme.

Pretty happy with it, TBH. But, given my tendency to change things (and my desire to muck about, playing with the iPad), I'll probably find something new in a short while. Wallpapers, themes, fonts, etc., don't last very long on my iPad. Always want something new (!) and different (!).

Marilyn

Thanks....
Have you looked at parallax tweak?

Btw - congrats on mod status.....

Last edited:

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the time display in the top black bar. Is there a tweak that allows the display of the day/date just next to the time?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, took me a bit to remember which tweak did what!

That's via SBSettings. Go to SBSettings (assuming you have it ... if you don't - why not and what are you waiting for! :D).

Select the "More" button (little one on bottom left of HUD). The SBSettings setup screen will load (it's a separate app, may take a bit).

Select the "SBSettings Options >"

Right at the top, you'll be presented with various Statusbar Options (six of them). I have turned on *Statusbar Date, *Statusbar Free Mem and *Use . for / in Date in the picture above.

BTW, there are more things you can do with SBSettings Options other than change the statusbar. Have a look around - it's very customizable.

Happy modding!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts