What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky fire, what a POS

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another pointless Flash thread... Stick it with a fork! It's done!

You know what's also pointless? When people come into threads that they claim is useless, just to post their disapproval of the thread. It makes me wonder why people like that don't just ignore the thread if they disapprove of it. Did someone force them into the thread when they read the topic?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

As a long time member of this forum I can tell you that the Flash arguement is older than Moses and just as desicated. Search any one of the forums and you'll see it over and over again, ad vomitus. After 11 months of hearing the same old arguments by self-professed tech wizards that just joined the forum yesterday it gets tiresome. I just wish I'd posted the dead horse, instead.

With all due respect, maybe you have been a long time member of these forums. However, many others join these forums everyday, and they want to chat about this issue, because it is obviously a hot topic. The forums are for everyone. As I told the previous poster, no one forced him to even come into this thread. You shouldn't feel "tiresome" by this thread when you made the chose to come into this thread yourself. If you came into this thread, and didn't like the topic, you and others who feel like you, could easily "keep it moving", and go to another thread that you are truly interested in, but you and others like you, seem to prefer to join threads that you do not like, just to tell others who obviously are interested in that thread, that you disapprove.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
You know what's also pointless? When people come into threads that they claim is useless, just to post their disapproval of the thread. It makes me wonder why people like that don't just ignore the thread if they disapprove of it. Did someone force them into the thread when they read the topic?

As a long time member of this forum I can tell you that the Flash arguement is older than Moses and just as desicated. Search any one of the forums and you'll see it over and over again, ad vomitus. After 11 months of hearing the same old arguments by self-professed tech wizards that just joined the forum yesterday it gets tiresome. I just wish I'd posted the dead horse, instead.

With all due respect, maybe you have been a long time member of these forums. However, many others join these forums everyday, and they want to chat about this issue, because it is obviously a hot topic. The forums are for everyone. As I told the previous poster, no one forced him to even come into this thread. You shouldn't feel "tiresome" by this thread when you made the chose to come into this thread yourself. If you came into this thread, and didn't like the topic, you and others who feel like you, could easily "keep it moving", and go to another thread that you are truly interested in, but you and others like you, seem to prefer to join threads that you do not like, just to tell others who obviously are interested in that thread, that you disapprove.

That's what the search function in the forum is for. Go to a previous opened thread on this same subject and chat, opine, or rant to your heart's content. This duplication of threads makes at least twenty. Like I said, tiresome.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is another easy solution to viewing Flash content that works pretty well, at least for watching videos. Buy a copy of Splashtop remote desktop and simply remote into your PC and view your Flash content via remote desktop. I use it all the time at home to watch Hulu and other Flash only video websites and it works surprisingly well. It isn't 100% perfect as there can be a little lag from time to time but it is plenty good enough. If you are blessed with a good upload speed (not me, but I never take my iPad into the wild) from your ISP you can even do this when you are away from home.

If I am doing any serious Internet research I don't even use a native browser on the iPad. I just remote into my desktop and use Firefox to do the heavy lifting. That way I don't need to bookmark a bunch of sites that I couldn't view from my iPad.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's what the search function in the forum is for. Go to a previous opened thread on this same subject and chat, opine, or rant to your heart's content. This duplication of threads makes at least twenty. Like I said, tiresome.

Actually, I don't think that's for you or I to decide. If the mods allow these threads, it must mean that it's ok. And again, it's only tiresome to you because you choose to come into a thread that you aren't interested in. That's really your fault. If you don't like the thread, you could easily go to another thread that you prefer. However, you seem to enjoy entering threads that you don't like, only to complain about it.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
briankeith513 said:
Actually, I don't think that's for you or I to decide. If the mods allow these threads, it must mean that it's ok. And again, it's only tiresome to you because you choose to come into a thread that you aren't interested in. That's really your fault. If you don't like the thread, you could easily go to another thread that you prefer. However, you seem to enjoy entering threads that you don't like, only to complain about it.

As you like. I've just optioned your advise to ignore the rest of your tiresome thread.

P.S. You obviously are new here and have not really researched your thoughts. If you were here for any length you'd see that I do not enter threads to complain. Just this one (or ones like it). Same old, same old. Like I said originally... Done!

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briankeith513 said:

As you like. I've just optioned your advise to ignore the rest of your tiresome thread.

P.S. You obviously are new here and have not really researched your thoughts. If you were here for any length you'd see that I do not enter threads to complain. Just this one (or ones like it). Same old, same old. Like I said originally... Done!

Stevie Wonder can see that you don't like this thread's topic, yet you chose to enter the thread anyway, just to say that you don't like the thread. I've researched my thoughts, and I've explained them explicitly. Can you explain your purpose in entering a thread that you don't like? I'm "obviously new here" so that could really help.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't a thread just a topic within a forum which is a talking shop for a collection of minds of almost certainly differing views with possibly one joint interest, in this case the iPad. Surely we should all be welcome to view and partake in any thread.....isn't that the point of this place?

I for one respect Alternatives point of view.

One thing that I would say is that a simple search on here will find you a thread with a link to the Steve Jobs statement regarding flash......have a read as clearly, like it or not, flash is not going to happen on an iDevice come what may. So from that perspective flash really is a mute point now.

I'm off now to infiltrate lots of other threads!

The Archangel

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-2383138122.png
    image-2383138122.png
    172 KB · Views: 464

Most reactions

Latest posts