What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Box to IPad Pro 2018.

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder if anyone could advise.
Is it possible to link a Sky box to a 2018 iPad Pro 12.9” via a HDMI cable with an adaptor with a HDMI port to USB C male so that I can watch sky on the iPad. (Please note I have the Sky box as an example only as the device I want to connect receives transmissions to watch on a screen).
If anyone can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Stuart Taylor.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately adding an HDMI adaptor to the iPad will only allow the output from the iPad to be transferred to a suitable monitor or TV and not the opposite way. Just the same as an HDMI output from any satellite box can’t receive an input over it. It’s purely an output only.

Why not just use the excellent SkyGo app for the iPad which allows you to view pretty much all of your subscribed channels on the iPad as well as being able to download shows to the iPad as well if you opt for the SkyGo Extra app.

Last edited:
OP
C

Carltonman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately adding an HDMI adaptor to the iPad will only allow the output from the iPad to be transferred to a suitable monitor or TV and not the opposite way. Just the same as an HDMI output from any satellite box can’t receive an input over it. It’s purely an output only.

Why not just use the excellent SkyGo app for the iPad which allows you to view pretty much all of your subscribed channels on the iPad as well as being able to download shows to the iPad as well if you opt for the SkyGo Extra app.
I have the SkyGo app on my iPad. I was just wondering if it could receive in to the iPad to watch on the screen.

Oh well, bang goes that idea. Not too worry.

Thank you Aerofly for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stuart.

Most reactions

Latest posts