What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skooba iPad messenger bag ROCKS!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baron-the man purse look is the exact reason I have not bought a bag yet. My wife thinks its funny that I am so stressed about getting a bag.

haha! I hear you. It seems most iPad bags so far are vertical and it makes them look like those bags on that Progressive commercial (the European shoulder bag). IMHO, the only way around that purse look is to get a traditional messenger style bag.

yeah forget that...my gf said I should get a bag for mine...I just got my case and you can hold it comfortably like a binder without fear of scratching it...thats good enough for me.

She said that tho because I carry my iPad my portable hard drive and my headphones (they come in a case) to work everyday.

Skooba Design

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.skoobadesign.com
Skooba Bag Photo

Good points by all on the photo scale. We didn't use a 10 year-old boy (though that did crack us up), we actually used one of our product designers, and he's a hockey player... but obviously not an NHL hockey player ;-). Thanks to your comments we are going to re-shoot ASAP as you are absolutely right that the model shots make the bag look huge. We really appreciate the feedback.

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you tell me how well the iPad fits into the iPad/NetBook section of the bag? Is it very snug, or is there some movement? Will this section fit the iPad with the Apple case on it?

Thanks

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And here is one of our bag ….. Especially made for iPad use … lot of pocket for carry all our stuff ….

PS: yet we have 8 model dedicated iPad

@Ipadone, this bag looks sweet, although the strap looks a bit bigger then it needs to be. When is your site opening up, and if you say "Late April" I'm gonna kill you :)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And here is one of our bag ….. Especially made for iPad use … lot of pocket for carry all our stuff ….

PS: yet we have 8 model dedicated iPad

@Ipadone, this bag looks sweet, although the strap looks a bit bigger then it needs to be. When is your site opening up, and if you say "Late April" I'm gonna kill you :)

iceman, no need to kill me is just a question of days … we are one week late on our original plan … but it’s for the benefit of our future customer

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baron-the man purse look is the exact reason I have not bought a bag yet. My wife thinks its funny that I am so stressed about getting a bag.

haha! I hear you. It seems most iPad bags so far are vertical and it makes them look like those bags on that Progressive commercial (the European shoulder bag). IMHO, the only way around that purse look is to get a traditional messenger style bag.

I have the same concerns... really like this Skooba bag, thx for the heads up. I didn't want to end up with something like this!!!

Attachments

• case-medge-hipbag.jpg
    case-medge-hipbag.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 792

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how well the iPad fits into the iPad/NetBook section of the Skooba bag? Is it very snug, or is there some movement? Will this section fit the iPad with the Apple case on it?

Thanks

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently also use one of the Skooba wraps on my iPad before I put it in the iPad pocket of the messenger bag. It's a very snug fit.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS delivered mine a few minutes ago. The iPad fits snuggly into the pocket provided. I am confident that a naked iPad will be well protected in this bag.

Unfortunately, I won't have my Apple case until Friday so I can't tell you if the iPad will fit in the bag with it on. I suspect it will but it will be a pretty tight fit.

If your question isn't answered by the time I get my case, I'll reply to this thread on Friday and let you know.

Btw, after examining the bag in detail, it is obvious to me that the designers put a lot of thought into it. I am very happy with my purchase.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my Apple case today. I can now answer the question, can the iPad in the Apple case fit in the Skooba bag. The answer is yes and no ;).

Let me explain what I mean. There is a divided section in the main part of the bag. The iPad fits in this section snuggly. When the iPad is in the Apple case, it cannot fit into this section of the bag. This isn't a problem because there is plenty of space in the remainder of the bag's main compartment to accommodate the iPad when cased.

I am happy with this arrangement. The way I see it, the naked iPad fits into the special section of the pad which provides an extra level of padding for the iPad. When the iPad is in a case it is already protected so it doesn't require the extra protection and can go in the main section of the compartment. Don't get me wrong, IMHO, this bag provides plenty of padding/protection for anything stored in the main compartment.

Here is a pic of my naked iPad in the special section.
img0431.png

I put some spacers in to try and show that there is plenty of space in the main part of the compartment for the iPad in just about any case. The weight of the bag just closes it up if nothing is in it.
img0438.png

Brushles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all, nice forum.

Man that's 1 smart looking bag, I really want one. I just went to order but with shipping and import duty it came to $140 :( can't spend that sort of money on a bag.

If anyone knows of a way to get one over to the UK a bit cheaper it would be much appreciated.

Skooba Design

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.skoobadesign.com
Brushles in UK

Hi there, it's Michael from Skooba. Sorry about the crazy international rates... we are working on that and expect to have a much better solution by the end of June (we don't make any money on shipping and we want to get our overseas visitors the lowest rates possible, believe me).

We should be able to help. just e-mail skoobaservice(at)skoobadesign.com, put your note to attention Nancy, and explain the situation. She can almost always do much better with international rates by finding them off-line.

Hope that helps, and that we can get you the bag you want!

Best,

Michael

Most reactions