What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skin vs Folio

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a sleek skin from hard candy this weekend and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm still in two minds about a skin vs a portfolio type case.

I figured a skin would be handier because I am just planning to use it at home for now since my current project is work-from-home (I have at least 3-4 months to go). My next one will involve more travel, so I thought I'd wait until then to get a nice, more professional folio, and hopefully there should be more options then too.

Do any of you recommend one type over the other for my situation? I'd love some input.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the portfolio style case (I bought the Apple branded one) because it enables me to view the iPad at an angle while it's on my lap, table, etc. Very handy when watching video or playing games that require 2 hands.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Hard Candy Street Skin, which is a little bulkier than the Sleek but along the same lines, and I use it in the CrazyOnDigital folio case. It fits fairly well.

richimages

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a sleek skin from hard candy this weekend and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm still in two minds about a skin vs a portfolio type case. ...

Right there with you on making this decision.

Originally had 1st gen iPad in a folio ... really liked the fact that it hid the iPad, disguising it as a notebook. Makes it nice to use in church with an excellent Bible Program (Olive Tree).

But, when I upgraded to iPad 2 ... I left the original factory cellophane seal on it for a bout a week ... using it naked. Wow! it's has a nice feel that is much different from it being in a folio.

Thinking about a skin now. I think a skin would make my "facetime" conversations with out of state relatives more fun.

So ... looking for a skin, and will probably be switching back and forth.

Seems that I'm evolving to wanting to use a skin at home, and a folio when at work, church, or traveling.

Other's reaching these same conclusion?

Most reactions