What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since iPad, I now use my computer ____________.

Reaction score
Every day.
I use Splashtop and Team Viewer to manipulate my desktop from my iPad. No more plan B ,open this app, move that there, close that app, open another one,start all over when the iPad crashes, etc. If I need true multitask I don't have to use my phone anymore. I just turn off Splashtop or Team Viewer, depending on the mood I'm in.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has not yet killed my MacBook Pro but who knows maybe one day. I have a Windows based desktop which I use quite a bit as it has an awesome 5.1 system hooked to it so I just blaze my music. However just lounging, in bed, travelling, away with friends my tablet and Dr Dre Studio headphones are on me :).

I would be more than willing to make my iPad my daily driver however.

Anyone out there use iPad as their 100% daily driver?

Sent from my bed using my iPad.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Watch videos, store my 500gb of data, record music, gaming (serious gamin...), type my notes (need MS office so I can type with formulas), organize my photos, edit pics and videos, oh yeah and videos... Cuz well, it has flash...

Despite iOS 5, until the iPad can do all of this, people will still rely on the pc. I hope they address these though, I would love to have my iPad as my main device.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Watch videos, store my 500gb of data, record music, gaming (serious gamin...), type my notes (need MS office so I can type with formulas), organize my photos, edit pics and videos, oh yeah and videos... Cuz well, it has flash...

Despite iOS 5, until the iPad can do all of this, people will still rely on the pc. I hope they address these though, I would love to have my iPad as my main device.

Video app, air drive, GarageBand, tons on games from app store, numbers, pic editing apps from app store, YouTube.....

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Video app, air drive, GarageBand, tons on games from app store, numbers, pic editing apps from app store, YouTube.....

I assume you guys are talking about your Macs or PC's right?

Sent from my iPad.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:

Let me clarify, record whatever sound is playing from the speakers, serious games, I.e. Crysis, black ops, far cry, half life, etc. Numbers does not allow me to type formulas, it allows me to use them, but not type out that the sigma of the integral from a to x of the square root of a fraction with subscripts and superscripts. And not everything is on YouTube... I use google to search stuff, find blogs and sites that upload their videos on other sites. Either way, I'm just stating what I use my pc for.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Let me clarify, record whatever sound is playing from the speakers, serious games, I.e. Crysis, black ops, far cry, half life, etc. Numbers does not allow me to type formulas, it allows me to use them, but not type out that the sigma of the integral from a to x of the square root of a fraction with subscripts and superscripts. And not everything is on YouTube... I use google to search stuff, find blogs and sites that upload their videos on other sites. Either way, I'm just stating what I use my pc for.

Full flash would be nice but with a toggle. And buy a ps3. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:
Anything that requires a lot of typing or having more than one screen open at a time.

It would be awesome if iPad would do like the extended desktop function in windows with the VGA and hdmi connector.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to place an order with the Amazon IPad app, was not given options for more than one bag of dog chews or shipping method, and the shipping cost the same as one bag of chews. Raced to my PC, and thankfully was able to cancel the first Amazon order, then placed my order for multiple bags along with free shipping. Whew!

I too use the PC for bill paying. Can also open WinZip files, which I haven't figured out how to do on my IPad.

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my laptop a lot less now. I only use it for downloading music and movies, watching flash videos, converting files, major typing needs for long emails or documents, watching movies on my hdtv and serious gaming. Id say I probably use my laptop 75% less now. I still use it on a daily basis.

Most reactions

Latest posts