What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since iPad, I now use my computer ____________.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fill in the blank.

Since iPad, I now use my computer to store my music files, type up documents, play old CDs, and convert videos. Everything else I do on my iPad!

What does your computer do these days?

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My laptop is now external storage for files, music, and photos.

Skyjacker07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use my computer often, I use an app from iTunes called iteleport, which let's me manipulate my computer from my iPad anywhere in the world, and it also gets used for storage, of my idevice's apps, music, etc.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICEHITMAN said:
Fill in the blank.

Since iPad, I now use my computer to store my music files, type up documents, play old CDs, and convert videos. Everything else I do on my iPad!

What does your computer do these days?

I still require a desktop for work, but once in turn it off for the day I switch to the iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pretty much use my laptop only for chores now -- syncing, loading photos, backing up and such. Entertainment is all on iPad -- books, news, movies, Net. iPad apps also let me do some minor chores. Of course, work still requires a PC.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If flash player requires or d/l music, otherwise I use 98.99% iPad 2.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since iPad 2, I still use my computer quite a lot throughout the day. And will be getting either a new iMac or MacBook Pro in a few months. I will always need a computer. But iPad is still great with what it was designed for, and won't be giving it up anytime soon.

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was considering iPad2 I did wonder about what role it would play alongside iMac, MBP and iPhone.
I think it's found a place, but the shortcomings of apps like Pages, skype and the lack of Aperture and MYOB means my MBP will not be gathering mothballs.

some apps like Things and TimeMaster are so much better on the iPad that they now are used very little on iPhone, email and iCal are also
like that.

Jembie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have to have my laptop on all the time. I need it for my emails because of the way I view them. I also need to use my laptop for design projects in Photoshop, for editing my squidoo lenses, for designing and uploading products to my Cafepress stores. Annoyingly my bank's digital banking doesn't work on the ipad so I have to use my lappy for viewing my accounts online too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Golfnut61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found splash...which let's me control the pc from my iPad 2...so use them together, but there is still usefulness in the old pc! Love my iPad and the son who bought it for me!

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MBP + iPad + iPhone = Is like the father, son and holy spirit. In a sense and please no judgement against me. :).

disco_UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've now plugged in a networked 1TB drive to my router to which I have loaded all my media and any docs I regularily use. All of which I can use on my iPad2. However, I still use my PC to do housework on the network and even print documents.

(come on apple, how hard can it be to print a document without having to first boot a pc up??)

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since iPad, my computer is still useful for synchronising with iPad using iTunes. My Laptop still performs the traditional function of computing and storage. I can mirror my laptop from my iPad using Log Me in. I watch video better now on iPad because of battery life. I play music more on iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions