What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Calculator?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't a simple calculator come with the new iPad (3)?
Can't find it... Maybe I removed it.
What is the best very simple calculator available? No trig or calc or whatever, just add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Thank You.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I found it odd that the iPad left out some native apps that the iPhone came with. Off the top off my head:

Calculator
Weather
Stocks
Voice memo
Alarm clock/timer

I have no idea why, and it was pretty annoying at first. Sure, there are free apps that could take their place, but you'd more than likely have to put up with annoying ads unless you purchase the premium version.

There are a bunch of simple free calculator apps on the app store. You might have to deal with pop up ads though.

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Just installed a free calculator ap, all good.
But now you've reminded me of all the other features that came per-installed on my iPod touch. Oh Well.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are Jailbroken you can restore the missing apps with Belfry, find it in Cydia

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You gotta admit...leaving out the calculator on the iPad is a big oversight...the basic calculator wouldn't have been good enough for me, though. I got Calculator Pro...and even it isn't enough. I also have Calculator HD for iPad. I do like using a calculator on the large iPad screen, but I have yet to find a serious engineering calculator that can rival something like a TI-89 Titanium. I'd gladly pay for one that would, though.

Most reactions