What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I upgrade now?

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK i took the plunge and went ahead updated to 5.0.1 from 4.3.5.......now FINGERS CROSSED!!

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
OK i took the plunge and went ahead updated to 5.0.1 from 4.3.5.......now FINGERS CROSSED!!

What are your thoughts? I just bought an iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.5, and considering the upgrade as well. From a non jailbreak perspective, how's the new OS?

OP
MistaKuraudo

MistaKuraudo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notification center and iCloud can be very useful for some people. Aside from that are the smaller changes which IMO make things really convenient. Four finger swiping is used for several different uses. Quick switching between open apps, opening your open app center and etc. You can also 5 finger swipe inwards when you're in an app to go to the home screen. All of these mean you don't even need to hit the home button anymore. Fun stuff.

I think 5.0 is just overall more convenient.

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MistaKuraudo said:
Notification center and iCloud can be very useful for some people. Aside from that are the smaller changes which IMO make things really convenient. Four finger swiping is used for several different uses. Quick switching between open apps, opening your open app center and etc. You can also 5 finger swipe inwards when you're in an app to go to the home screen. All of these mean you don't even need to hit the home button anymore. Fun stuff.

Interesting thanks for the review!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yea but u lose on a music feature [that was important to me at least]....lyrics!! no lyrics display in ios 5...idiots at APPLE :X

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MistaKuraudo said:

Most of these can be achieved with cydia tweaks. Notifications is the only one that I would like to have.

Most reactions