What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I get the 3G or Wi-Fi model?

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I intend to use my Ipad at home but when I travel, I would like to use it for emails and movies. We are going on a cruise in Europe. Has anyone used one on a cruise boat? Would you suggest I get the 3G model?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I intend to use my Ipad at home but when I travel, I would like to use it for emails and movies. We are going on a cruise in Europe. Has anyone used one on a cruise boat? Would you suggest I get the 3G model?

If you're away from home then yeah, the 3G would be what you want.

I make it more clear in my writeup here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/3470-ipad-absolute-beginners.html

When you're in Europe, you should be able to just walk into any local telecom and (hopefully by then) order up a SIM card for a month or two. Our prices are more than in the USA, but still fair.

Welcome!

Last edited:

crawdad62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went through the something..... trying to choose which one. We vacation a couple times a year. It would be nice but most of the time I have WiFi anyway.

I ended up getting the WiFi but maxing out to 64GB's for what I was going to spend on a 32GB 3G (actually $30 cheaper).

The GPS would be nice though and you should take that into consideration. Will you be able to get 3G service on a cruise ship?

Most reactions