What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheet Music Files on iPad2

HbgBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of files (docs) I've created on Pages and saved both as Pages files and PDF's. I've been able to transfer the files to Books successfully.. although it's been a LONG time and may no longer remember how to do it thru iTunes..

But, my question for my first post here is......

Once the sheet music doc are in iBooks.. is there a way to create FOLDERS in there so I can separate the docs into.. say.. beginner tunes, Christmas tunes, etc? It would be nice to be able to go to iBooks during Christmas time and have all the Christmas tunes in ONE place :)

Thanks for any help

Bill

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes there is a way. You can create collections. Follow these screenshots.

image-2876974290.jpg

image-445147203.jpg

image-2904829167.jpg

Once you have created your new collection you can move your titles into it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
H

HbgBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that looks like what I now have.. and I can create a new line below "PDF's"
Currently, all my music docs reside in "PDF's"
What I would hope to do is to create a new PDF type folder and name it something like "UkuleleMusic"
THEN, within THAT folder, create two or three sub-folders.. one, say, for Beginner music, one for Christmas music, etc.

Is that possible? If so, do I then find a way to 'drag' the music from "PDF's" to their proper folders?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please be sure to make backups of all of your PDFs you copy to iBooks. If you do a backup via iTunes, iBooks will not backup any PDFs you have transferred into it, so if you don't do it yourself you can lose all of your work. I think you would better off using GoodReader for this than iBooks.

OP
H

HbgBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks AQ_OC... I looked at a few YouTube vids.. and I'm still unclear.. can you make folders within folders

Most reactions

Latest posts