What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Share widget security issue with facebook

Evelina69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a problem that has just started today

My son and I both have iPads and use facebook a lot on them. We are both normally always logged on.
Today however whilst not using my ipad every time my son received a chat message my ipad made the notification noise.w
After more than an hour we are none the wiser. He is not logged on in any way on my ipad.
The only way we can stop his messages from showing on my notification bar is for us BOTH to switch off the SHARE WIDGET under notifications. This has to be a major security . What has changed tonight for this to start .
When I click on the message on the notification bar it opens MY FACEBOOK with obviously none of his messages showing

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check in Settings > FaceBook. Is his account there as well as yours?

Here are some other things you can try.

If they don't work, try deleting and then re-installing the app on both iPads.
---------

The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

OP
E

Evelina69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all the above and my sons facebook chat is still showing on my notification bar.

Only messages he receives are showing and all I can see is the first part of the message. f I select the message it opens up MY Facebook.

Again this only happens when one of us has the SHARE WIDGET turned on.
This is obviously a bug that needs sorting ASAP

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not certain from your description. Have you both tried deleting and then re-adding your account from Settings > Facebook?

Do either of you have other Facebook apps in addition to the main one? There are apps that specialize in FaceBook chat.

That's the last thing I can think of.

Most reactions

Latest posts