What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Share on facebook from youtube...

k.v.ahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I am trying to share videos from YouTube to Facebook, but when I hit the share button it simply shows me a draft mail. How do I go about sending the videos to Facebook?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From the YouTube app.

When it tries to send the email, tap and hold on the URL {http...} in the body of the email. When the pop up menu appears choose Select, drag the handles to highlight the entire URL, then choose copy.

Cancel the email, delete the draft, and close the YouTube app.

Now go to FaceBook in Safari, choose to post a link (at top of page). When the URL field shows up tap and hold until you get the popup menu, and paste the URL. Add your comment and you are good to go. Or you can use your favorite FaceBook app, if it supports posting links.

Or, you can just go to YouTube in Safari and share it from there. Works fine, though the desktop version of the site has that ugly Playlist gadget cluttering up things.

You can go to a prettier, but less versatile, YouTube page by using the link m.youtube.com

Both will require you to sign into Facebook if you don't have the accounts linked.

Last edited:

mobilemg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sharing Youtube file with ipad app!!

Hi - I am trying to share videos from YouTube to Facebook, but when I hit the share button it simply shows me a draft mail. How do I go about sending the videos to Facebook?

Thanks

hey...won't be able to use Youtube app from ipad, silly one..isn't it! But type youtube mobile link, "m.youtube.com" in safari and search button the top right...find your video and share. Enjoy!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not share your friends' status, but for any sites or FaceBook pages they share, just tap on the link and go to the site. It will open up in browser like interface. From there you will see the usual action/share icon at the top right (box with arrow). Tap on it for the Share options.

ksquared3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silversneakers said:
Am I the only person who doesn't have a "share" button on Facebook? I have an iPad2

Nope. There is a way to share links by clicking on the link, then click the share icon (box with an arrow) at the top right; but no way I can find to share friend's cmments or photos. Weird since that was the original intent of facebook.

Most reactions

Latest posts