What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
Two dads, five siblings, and goggles! Grim Doyle has always known his life was not exactly "normal", and things get even more curious when he discovers a set of stones that sweep him and his family to the fantasy, steampunk world of Verne - a place they had escaped from years ago. Now that they've returned, Grim and his siblings hide from the evil Lord Victor and his minions. And while learning about Jinns, Mystics, and the power of absinth they try to discover who is trying to kill them with the deadly Scourge.

Official launch: November 29th

Here's the book trailer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qbj7qqwBr0[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
scourge-400high.jpg

Two dads, five siblings, and goggles! Grim Doyle has always known his life was not exactly "normal", and things get even more curious when he discovers a set of stones that sweep him and his family to the fantasy, steampunk world of Verne - a place they had escaped from years ago. Now that they've returned, Grim and his siblings hide from the evil Lord Victor and his minions. And while learning about Jinns, Mystics, and the power of absinth they try to discover who is trying to kill them with the deadly Scourge.

Official launch: Today!!

Here's the book trailer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qbj7qqwBr0[/ame]

iBookstore link:
Scourge by David H. Burton - Download Scourge with iBooks

gthater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.glenngthater.com
THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery; all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed away our dreams. And his outre' realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming -- the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest hero, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man's mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Smashwords.com, the Sony Ebook Store, the Apple IPAD bookstore, Kobo Books, and other leading eBook and paperback retailers.

Book 1: The Gateway (Free for IPAD)
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

Glenn G. Thater

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Mary McDonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"No Good Deed" on sale this month

I posted my book in this thread months ago when it was first available, but I just wanted to update since I'm running a sale on it through Jan 1st. It is just 99 cents.

Summary:
Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant.

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, can Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks--even if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world?

No Good Deed by Mary McDonald - Download No Good Deed with iBooks

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Sybelius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea for a thread! My book is The Messiah of Green Street

The Messiah of Green Street tells the story of Sahil, born to Bangladeshi immigrants Karim and Anjana in the deprived melting pot of Upton Park, London. This strange-looking prodigal of a boy - who can allegedly speak Arabic and Hebrew from birth - is greeted as a miracle and 'a child of the world', but the superstitious adulation of his community slowly ebbs and sours as the realities of life as a disenfranchised and dispossessed second generation immigrant take over. The story of Sahil and his family, of their friends, relatives and neighbours is mordantly satirical, deeply poignant and very funny. As Sahil grows into adulthood and becomes more and more disillusioned with his lot, his reluctant attempts to connect with his roots, buried under the weight of slavery, colonialism and racial hatred, take him in unexpected directions on the way to his own particular truth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MVZMC0

OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
For the next 5 days I’m giving away one copy per day of the ebooks Scourge and The Second Coming!

These are the “personalized” versions where I substitute in the name of the winner with one of the minor characters!

Just leave a comment at davidhburton.com in the 5 Day Giveaway post that you want to be entered. Winners will be announced at the end of each day at 9:00pm Eastern.

Good luck!

Lynn Rasmussen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Men Are Easy is in ibooks

Check out my new ibook,Men Are Easy. If you want to review it, I'll gift it to you!

It's a modern girl's DIY guide to men, relationships, and life that reviewers have called "ground-breaking," "hard to put down," and "refreshing."

We're interactive women in an interactive world. In the 90s, men were from Mars. Today, men are easy. You can lighten up, have fun, and turn your relationship around in moments. You don't have to work at it, manipulate him, or spend hours trying to figure it out. Nature designed us to live together. It's easier than you think and he'll love it.

Discover how in chapters titled Communication is Not the Key, Don't Work At It, and You Can Change Him.

I'm a life coach, author, app developer, and systems geek, and I've been married for 35 years to my (now) easy husband Rick. I base my life on simple logic from the science of complex systems. But don't let that scare you! When you read my book, you'll get it. It reads suspiciously like common sense.

Also see our app: Men Are Easy - New Year Resolutions new in the App Store.

Men Are Easy is in Kindle and is a hardcover in all the usual places.

Lynn Rasmussen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys love this book

I wrote it for women (Lots of women really need it!) but guys love it. Give it to her. She'll laugh and read parts of it to you, and your life will be easier.

That said, a 24-year-old guy wrote:
I really, REALLY enjoyed your book, ‘Men Are Easy’… I actually found myself reading it in one evening and writing really awesome tips down on 4X3 index cards. Quite helpful. This kind of info is really helpful in everyday relationships with people. I found the first two chapters most helpful about acceptance for whatever they may be.

A 50- something guy wrote:
I see this book being in the success range of the ‘Celestine Prophecy’ because it has the powerful content that can cause folks to leap mountains in their ability to enter territory they have successfully managed to miss thus far.
All I can say is … thank you Lynn. Your timing is impeccable.

(This book is not at all new age!)

Thanks for asking!
Lynn

Sybelius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Messiah of Green Street

The Messiah of Green Street tells the story of Sahil, born to Bangladeshi immigrants Karim and Anjana in the deprived melting pot of Upton Park, London. This strange-looking prodigal of a boy – who can allegedly speak Arabic and Hebrew from birth - is greeted as a miracle and ‘a child of the world’, but the superstitious adulation of his community slowly ebbs and sours as the realities of life as a disenfranchised and dispossessed second generation immigrant take over. The story of Sahil and his family, of their friends, relatives and neighbours is mordantly satirical, deeply poignant and very funny. As Sahil grows into adulthood and becomes more and more disillusioned with his lot, his reluctant attempts to connect with his roots, buried under the weight of slavery, colonialism and racial hatred, take him in unexpected directions on the way to his own particular truth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MVZMC0

Attachments

• THE_MESSIAH_OF_GREEN_STREET_-s2_[1].JPG
    THE_MESSIAH_OF_GREEN_STREET_-s2_[1].JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 339

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
I'm giving away my ebook, [COLOR= ]Road Rash[/COLOR] between now and New Year's eve as a Holiday gift to ebook readers everywhere.

Road Rash
James Straley might think his life is cursed, but it doesn't compare to what lies ahead of him on life's highway. He's on the run with the proceeds of a botched bank robbery. It's all he has. His crew is dead and his getaway car just died on him. He's on foot with the cash when he comes across a two-car pileup. There's no saving the drivers, but he can save himself by stealing one of the wrecked cars. Unfortunately, he boosts the wrong set of wheels. Within an hour of driving off, he develops a rash that eats away at his flesh. No doctor can help him—only the car's original owner. If Straley wants his skin back, he must journey on the [COLOR= ]road to redemption[/COLOR], which ends in the heart of Central America.

“Road Rash is a wild collision of crime caper and supernatural thriller that works on every level. Lightning-paced, darkly funny, deeply creepy, and highly recommended."
— Jonathan Maberry, NY Times bestselling author of The Dragon Factory

Road Rash can be picked up for free at Smashwords in all formats.

dh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Book for Writers and Students

I'll play!

My new ebook is out for the IPad and other devices via Kindle apps.

It is a non-fiction piece FULL of very useful tools for writers. It was written with Dissertation writers in mind, but I am convinced that it will be useful for writers of all stripes. See info below. Its $2.99 and I think if writers pull a few "hacks" out of the book it will be well worth the price.

Thanks for Considering!
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dissertation-Hacks-ebook/dp/B004CLYE0U/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1]Amazon.com: Dissertation Hacks eBook: K.R. Martel: Kindle Store[/ame]

Dissertation Hacks: An Insider's Tools for Writing
Product Description

Dissertation Hacks is written by a current PhD candidate that has been in the trenches of the ABD (all but dissertation) for several years. After too long of juggling family, work, and writing, Martel set out to develop a series of tricks and tips to facilitate the dissertation process. The hacks in this little book revolutionized his work process, leading to more productive time writing and guilt-free time away from the process.

Dissertation Hacks is not a magic bullet that will solve all your writing woes. It will not write your project for you. Instead it is a toolbox filled with simple and helpful tips that will aid in research, organization, and motivation.

Although Dissertation Hacks is written with the PhD candidate in mind nearly all of the tools can be utilized in the toil of nearly any writer. Whether you are working on the next great American novel, a screenplay, a series of blog posts, or a sizable thesis, dissertation hacks will provide a set of fun and beneficial tips to get you moving through the writing process.

51nCI0eNbDL._SL500_AA266_PIkin3,BottomRight,-16,34_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

gthater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.glenngthater.com
Below is some info on my epic fantasy series, Harbinger of Doom. BTW - Book 1, The Gateway, won 3rd Best Fantasy Novel of 2009 in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll. Book 1 is now available FREE at the itunes store -- see link below.

Summary of Reader Reviews:

“...as good as any fantasy tale you will read, it honors the tradition, and adds to our lore a story so good, so well told, I hope it will be remembered forever.” --- Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands

“...fast paced and exciting with characters real enough to leap out of the pages...leaves the reader craving more.” --- Franz McLaren, author of Demon Drift and A Night of Dark Delicacies

“...Non-stop action that is written so well you can't stop reading it!” -- G.A. Endless, author of Issla: A Vampire Living in the 21st Century

“...The author paints each scene and battle so clearly that I felt I was in the middle of the action.” --- Mike Monahan, author of Barracuda.

“...The Gateway delivers straight up heroic fantasy with unapologetic hack and slash action.” -- Tracy Falbe, author of The Rys Chronicles

“...fast-paced, action-packed fantasy.” --- Debra Purdy Kong, author of Taxed to Death and Fatal Encryption

“...An adventure into magic and fantasy that pulls you in and does not let go...left me wanting more.”
--- R.M. Putnam, author of Destiny’s Warriors

“...the action never stops.” --- Susan McLeod, author of Soul and Shadow

Thater tells this tale “...in a voice as pretentious as Tolkein’s.” -- Dennis Batchelder, author of Soul Identity and Soul Intent.

“...an excellent foray into dark story adventure.” -- Jacamo Peterson, author of A Hard Place: A Sergeant's Tale, and Blademaster of Norda.

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery; all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed away our dreams. And his outre' realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.

Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming -- the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.

But no man, not even our greatest hero, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.

Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man's mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

Book 1: The Gateway (free!)
The Gateway (Harbinger of Doom Volume 1) by Glenn Thater - Download The Gateway (Harbinger of Doom Volume 1) with iBooks

Book 2: The Fallen Angle
The Fallen Angle (Harbinger of Doom Volume 2) by Glenn Thater - Download The Fallen Angle (Harbinger of Doom Volume 2) with iBooks

Book 3: Knight Eternal
Knight Eternal (Harbinger of Doom Volume 3) by Glenn Thater - Download Knight Eternal (Harbinger of Doom Volume 3) with iBooks

Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom (Harbinger of Doom Volumes 1 and 2) by Glenn Thater - Download Harbinger of Doom (Harbinger of Doom Volumes 1 and 2) with iBooks

Book 4+ (forthcoming)

Glenn G. Thater

willk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tigerwasp.com
Never give up on your dreams

Hi Guys

I bought this little book in a shop in South Africa and loved it. It is a short read and perfect for a 2 hour flight. It is inspirational and has been warmly received all over. It is now available on iBooks.

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS - Norman Nel

Let me know what you think.

Willem Karsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions