What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up iPads at elementary school

mogotti755

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,
i am in the tech club at my local elementary school. we are thinking about buying iPads for the students to use. i have some questions. are there security things that i can put on the iPads? is there a way to make folders on the network that where each student has their own folder where he or she can save documents or other files? can there be a log-in to get onto the iPads?

thanks for any response. we have had windows PCs at the school so iPads are really a new field for me.

clothesfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, with iPads, it's really a whole new world. :eek:
iPad has its own parental control. You can turn it on in "Settings->General->Restrictions". I guess this way you could prevent kids from browsing harmful information on the Internet.
I suggest you deploy Wi-Fi in the school, so that you could share files by using a free internet disk (such as Box | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces , this one also has its own iPad client app).

For log-ins......I am sorry, I can't think of any ideas.....I don't know how to do that.

Most reactions

Latest posts