What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeing how much power is left

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi when l need to know how much power is remaining on my pencil or air pods l slide the main screen to the right.
However on my girlfriend's it does not function so. She always brings them to me after to charge when they're Lear. Can anyone help?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi when l need to know how much power is remaining on my pencil or air pods l slide the main screen to the right.
However on my girlfriend's it does not function so. She always brings them to me after to charge when they're Lear. Can anyone help?
Have you seen this page? Make sure your girlfriend is following these instructions if she isn’t already. If so, she should be able to charge and see the charge level on her iPad. These instructions cover both generations of Apple Pencil.Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That means she doesn’t have the Today View?

Go to Settings - Home Screen & Dock. Make sure “More” is selected, and enable “Keep Today View on Home Screen”, if it isn’t.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi BB - well, you've already received good advice from Scifan.. & Johanna - basically, by sliding your home screen to the right, you enter 'Today View' - there are a wide variety of items/widgets that can be kept there for quick perusal.

The pic below shows my iPad's 'Today View' w/ the Edit mode active (if I scanned down a + icon would allow me to add widgets including that for batteries) - my battery widget is just showing the charge on my iPad; I suspect that if I had 'Air Pods' and/or a 'Pencil' nearby, their charge status would also be seen, but I have neither, so cannot test - let us know if she has the battery widget activated on her 'Today View' screen. Dave
IMG_2001.PNG

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but I am getting no where with this.
I tried the methods you suggested but they did not work.
Could not even airdrop a photo of her home page.
To my iPad Pro that would not work, her SIM card was cancelled and she is only using wlan, with airplane mode switched on.
I could sort it out but that would mean changing the language to English, last time I did this on her iPhone her 6foot 4 son was called in and he threatened to Wack me.
He was as mad as a dog with rabies. So thanks for your help team BB

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh by the way l was trying to save her € 35 per month and get more gb's and keep the same number
BB

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If she has airplane mode turned on that means Bluetooth is switched off. Make sure she has Bluetooth turned on as that is how the Apple Pencil communicates with the iPad.

Most reactions