What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EC Technology 16000 mAh Power Bank review.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This power bank is a rechargeable 16,000mAh Li-Polymer battery unit that can then be used to charge a slave device connected to it via USB. Included in the package is the External Battery, a micro USB cable & user manual. There is no bag included which would have been nice but otherwise is what you would expect. Due to this having three full sized USB ports, you can use any USB cable suitable for your device.

The power bank measures in at 166 x 66 x 23mm and weighs 358g. This has a stylish, two tone matt finish and feels very sturdy in the hand, in part due to the weight of the internal battery and also thanks to the good construction on offer. The unit does not have any rubber grips though, so be wary of placing this somewhere it may slide.
It features a power button on the side with four LEDs on top to indicate remaining power. On the end it has three full sized USB ports as well as an LED torch. On the opposite side from the power button is the micro USB port for recharging. There is no supplied charger but the included cable or indeed any other micro USB cable can be used in connection with any USB source. A single tap on the power button will illuminate the LEDs indicating remaining charge.

From a full charge, 16,000 mAh of portable power is on offer. To put this in an IOS perspective, an iPhone 6 rated @ 1,810 mAh could be fully charged almost 9 times in a best case scenario although the figure will usually be less due to the inefficiencies of charging. An iPad Air 2 @ 7,340 mAh could be charged twice which is an impressive figure in its own right.
This power bank features three USB ports offering 1A, 2.1A and 2.4A output depending on the device you wish to charge, the latter of which is perfect for the more power hungry iPad and you can continue to work on the iPad while it is charging. Three devices can also be charged simultaneously for a combined output of 3.9A which makes this a flexible performer although it also means if you connect three high capacity devices at the same time, charging times will suffer. The ports are also classed as Auto IC which means they will offer the optimal charge for the connected device. One thing I did note during my testing was that regardless of what device you are charging or even if you are recharging the power bank itself, it remained cool at all times with no sign of heating up. This is a welcome bonus when it comes to portable devices and batteries.

The final addition to this power bank is the inclusion of an LED torch feature. Simply double tap the power button to activate this bright light which is a handy feature and more and more power banks seem to be including such a function. It has two brightness levels as well as a flashing mode should you require it.

For me, travelling with my usual compliment of gadgets makes a product like a power bank a sensible purchase. All my portable gadgets from phones, tablets, music player, ebook reader and camera can be charged via USB and having the ability to do this when away from a fixed power source gives real peace of mind. This power bank from EC Technology delivers a high power capacity and flexibility of triple charging in a portable and well priced package.

I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology®-External-capacity-outports/dp/B00ZZ6DFLA

More details from http://www.iectechnology.com/productinfo.aspx?pid=a8319a95-39a8-4063-a1e2-bf1549258ebb

Video review:

Attachments

• EC Technology 16000mAh Powerbank 1.jpg
    EC Technology 16000mAh Powerbank 1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 920
  • EC Technology 16000mAh Powerbank 2.jpg
    EC Technology 16000mAh Powerbank 2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Donka - thanks for another excellent review - my current battery packs (know I've mentioned this before): 1) Lumsing 11,000 mAh; and 2) Limefuel 15,000 mAH, so the one above does not give me much more charging power - BUT, I just visited Amazon USA and EC has another and more powerful model (pic below) w/ a whopping 22,400 mAh and at a great price.

For travel, size & weight are issues, i.e. 6.3 x 2.9 x .8 inches & 15.4 ounces - according to my calculations, about 2 inches longer and 4 ounces heavier than the one you reviewed - my Lumsing is 3 x 3.8 x 1 inches in size and not as heavy; my wife's battery pack is likely more the size of the smaller EC model, but she uses it all of the time at home; thus, this slightly larger model might just be right for her in the house and the other 'on the road'? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 10.59.03 AM.png

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks man.
Yes, I think if you are after one for in the house where portability is less of an issue then the bigger, heavier unit could well be worth it for the extra capacity. Having said that, I dare say you wouldn't be too far away from a power outlet. The 3 USB ports are handy though.

Most reactions