What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See Magic Mouse Working With iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-mouse.jpg

So you’ve got your iPad nicely propped up in your iPad Keyboard Dock, and you’re typing away, and then it occurs to you that you’d really like to be using some sort of mouse, only the iPad doesn’t come with one of course. Well check out this video and step-by-step walkthrough from Redmond Pie that shows you how to use Cydia’s BTstack Mouse app on a jailbroken iPad to operate a Bluetooth-enable mouse. Redmond Pie use it to operate Apple Magic Mouse, although they say that the app, which is a free utility for jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches, works just as well with almost all of the Bluetooth-enabled mice that they tried. The feature and video provide extensive instructions, so if you’ve jailbroken your iPad and feel like you want to use a mouse with it, be sure and check it out. They’ve got all the links right there for you if you’re not sure about any part of the process.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: Use iPad with Magic Mouse [Video] | Redmond Pie

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wklrVOFMKA]YouTube - Use Apple iPad with Magic Mouse [Jailbreak][/ame]

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But - be aware - if you are using the Wireless Keyboard this solution doesn't work. When you jailbreak your iPad and then and the BT Stack for the mouse - the Bluetooth on your iPad will not turn on.

I thought the easy solution would be to add the BT Stack for the keyboard and then operate the keyboard that way. Didn't work. Twice it froze my iPad solid and I had to do a complete restore to get it to work.

Just thought I would pass along. If anyone knows where I might have gone wrong please let me know - I'm here to learn as much as anyone. :)

Ridgeline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great breakthrough if you want to use the docking station and the magic mouse however when I tried using my mighty mouse it showed up and allowed me to move the pointer but did not allow the click to work. I know the mouse is good because I use it with my MacBook so I guess this requires the magic mouse. Still a good app over all for those that want it.

Most reactions

Latest posts