What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GreenPois0n Jailbreak Finally Released for iOS Devices, Including iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

If you’ve been waiting for the GreenPois0n jailbreak to be released by the Chronic Dev Team (and obviously a lot of people have, because it was a worldwide trending topic on Twitter today!), then wait no longer because it’s finally here. It can be used to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPad, as well as on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G/3G.

According to Redmond Pie, support for iPod touch 2G and Apple TV will be added soon. Although it was originally thought that GreenPois0n would be based on the SHAtter exploit, it turns out that it’s actually based on Limera1n’s exploit, with SHAtter being saved for the next-gen iOS devices.

If you want to learn much, much more about GreenPois0n then head on over to our companion iPhone 4 Forum, where Phil Synowiec’s posts will tell you everything you need to know about jailbreaking your iOS device, including “how-to†step-by-step videos.

Source: Redmond Pie

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's really odd. i did the whole process, it said jailbreak successful, but no loader icon appears to install cydia.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay it works now, maybe im blind but i cant find the edit buttom for my post

god889

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's really odd. i did the whole process, it said jailbreak successful, but no loader icon appears to install cydia.

iPadNATOR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak

I currently have my iPad jailbroken with Cydia using Installous.. Can I jailbreak my iPad with Pois0n before updating to 4.1? ..I currently have the 3.2 now, but I wouldn't want to update to the new software from iTunes and then lose tons of apps I already have.

Can I download Pois0n before I update to 4.1, or what would you do in my situation. (I don't know if anybody here had the same problem)

Thanks!

-Hugo

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I currently have my iPad jailbroken with Cydia using Installous.. Can I jailbreak my iPad with Pois0n before updating to 4.1? ..I currently have the 3.2 now, but I wouldn't want to update to the new software from iTunes and then lose tons of apps I already have.

Can I download Pois0n before I update to 4.1, or what would you do in my situation. (I don't know if anybody here had the same problem)

Thanks!

-Hugo

I was wondering the samething

Most reactions

Latest posts