What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secure Groups

maxisgsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When we combine some apps in ipad, it will create a group/folder then we can put the name of the folder/group ...

it is possible to create a password protected group/folder.

i want to lock the game from my son to access the game.

sorry if my english not good

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone knows of a way to do this, this could prove to be invaluable to me when I can finally get my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can lock specific apps using the Restrictions settings. It's found under General settings. I believe the age restrictions apply to content, not apps, but I'm not sure.

You can not simply apply the restriction to a folder, but there is no reason you can't place all the apps you choose to restrict in one folder. Your son would be able to open the folder, but not the apps.

In order for you to use the apps you would have to go into settings each time and turn restrictions on and off. Restrictions are protected by a four digit pin, that you set each time you enable the restriction.

There is no way to set up password style user access at this time. Though you can set up a passcode for access to the device, it's all or nothing.

Most reactions

Latest posts