What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Gen Ipad

wakeboardin2k4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here.

I did a search and did not find much, which sort of answers my question. Other than the talk of the 7 inch ipad is there a SERIOUS plan for an ipad 2 in the near future? I want an ipad but if there is going to be an update with more ram and such than the current ipad I would prefer to have the "latest and greatest".

This I have not done a search for...Is there a bluetooth or wireless printer that works well for the ipad? I am looking to use the ipad for basically running my small business and I plan to take it with me everywhere. I hope to be able to print receipts for customers on site if the technology is available.

Thank you,
Eric

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only print option is over wifi...with 4.2 so mobile printing is going to be pretty hard to swing....

OP
W

wakeboardin2k4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its interested to me that apple, such an innovative company that revolutionizes technology over and over does not make things like printing more accessible to their customers. From what I have read of some brands of smart phones are able to work with Bamboo printers. Maybe apple will hop on that train?

Last edited:

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printing looks like its a cinch with 4.2 [its used WiFi to share any printer that is on the Network or hooked up to a Computer I believe]

I hope iPad 2 keeps the same screen size [as what Jobs seems to have confirmed at an earnings meeting] but faster "guts" [RAM, then CPU...] and some cameras [for facetime and Skype], Retina display and mini-USB would rock [man while we are dreaming throw in a mini HDMI too!!!]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here.

I did a search and did not find much, which sort of answers my question. Other than the talk of the 7 inch ipad is there a SERIOUS plan for an ipad 2 in the near future? I want an ipad but if there is going to be an update with more ram and such than the current ipad I would prefer to have the "latest and greatest".

This I have not done a search for...Is there a bluetooth or wireless printer that works well for the ipad? I am looking to use the ipad for basically running my small business and I plan to take it with me everywhere. I hope to be able to print receipts for customers on site if the technology is available.

Thank you,
Eric

Steve Jobs said:
"7-inch tablets are tweeners: too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad," he declared, effectively defusing rumors that Apple is working on a smaller, 7-inch tablet. Jobs went on to say that the iPad's comparative pricing advantage is so substantial that its competitors are "DOA -- dead on arrival."

There is no 7" iPad...that was all speculation (as are most apple rumors)...as for an iPad 2 I would expect it to hit just like every other iOS device....the iPad came out in April so I would expect next spring.

Most reactions

Latest posts