What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD Card Reader

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to view my Camera's CD card on vacation on my iPad 4 ( not the mini) to see if I got the shot right. I see Apple has one for about $30. Shark makes one for about $15. questions,

If I use the reader, does the iPad automatically store the pics? Because the whole point is to view and delete the pics that aren't good enough, a d I don't want to be cluttering up my iPad with junk photos.

Does anyone have the Shark reader? Amazon has a good review on both readers. Some off brands are just junk on Amazon reviews, but theses two are the winners, and half price of the Apple sounds good to me.

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a premium but I would not purchase accessory items for my iPad that are not Apple, especially a card reader.
Cheaper alternatives.....yes.
But worth the hassle if they don't work...........No.

OP
C

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, your probably right. Even at half price, another $15 or so would save me time and figuring out savvy I could use on something more important. I ordered the Apple reader. Thanks.

ipads r crap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cyndy said:
Yes, your probably right. Even at half price, another $15 or so would save me time and figuring out savvy I could use on something more important. I ordered the Apple reader. Thanks.

I bought the apple card reader from jb hifi just over $50. With this i can view and select photos to import and delete the unwanted pics.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cyndy said:
I want to view my Camera's CD card on vacation on my iPad 4 ( not the mini) to see if I got the shot right. I see Apple has one for about $30. Shark makes one for about $15. questions,

If I use the reader, does the iPad automatically store the pics? Because the whole point is to view and delete the pics that aren't good enough, a d I don't want to be cluttering up my iPad with junk photos.

Does anyone have the Shark reader? Amazon has a good review on both readers. Some off brands are just junk on Amazon reviews, but theses two are the winners, and half price of the Apple sounds good to me.

The iPad does not automatically store the pictures. A folder opens up, showing thumbnails of all the photos on the SD card. You choose which ones to download to your iPad. You can also delete any of the downloaded photos after viewing them if you choose.

xBobbyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the Apple sd card reader for my gopro. It works great. Pops up a folder with thumbnails. You select the ones you want to import or just hit import all.

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just curious, would this work for other things that may also be on the card. Thinking about a word or excel document for instance.

May be a silly question, but I,m new to iPads and don't know any better
Alex

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex101 said:
Just curious, would this work for other things that may also be on the card. Thinking about a word or excel document for instance.

Alex

Sorry, the card reader is only for importing photos stored in the format used by digital cameras.

Depp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Alex
I highly doubt it.The files are stored in the ipad photos folder and only pics and videos can be opened.Things like games won't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts